Changing Frames

melvin146

hi there

i was wonding if i could change my onza t-pro 2002 frame

for an onza 2005 frame...... would it fit or would i need to look at another frame

im looking for a a frame fro under £170

pics would helpim looking for a frame with no saddle (i dont know what kind of frame its called...)

any recommendations will help

thanks guys :turned:

chris

It will be the greatest swap ever. Not sure what you meant by,"would it fit or would i need to look at another frame" what won't fit?

I don’t know anything about this frame or its geometry but the rear wheel may be a different size like the t-vee? Or something it has a 20" instead of 19" rear wheel?

Correct me please lol :turned:

It will be the greatest swap ever. Not sure what you meant by,"would it fit or would i need to look at another frame" what won't fit?

what i meant was will all the parts on my onza 2002 that i have now fit on the 2004 frame or will i have to change things like the rear tyre etc....

thanks for your help :)

chris

bump

Edited by melvin146

I don’t know anything about this frame or its geometry but the rear wheel may be a different size like the t-vee? Or something it has a 20" instead of 19" rear wheel?

Correct me please lol :turned:

the t-pro has a 19" the t-vee a 20" if thats what you meant :) :P

Dose the rear wheel have a big axel that comes through the drop outs and you have to put bolts on them if so u will need a new rear wheel because the drop-outs on the t-pro you will need a rear wheel that you can put allen key bolts to fix the wheel in place.

rickyb

Check the museum if you want to, but the T-Pro always had a 19" rear wheel.

I agree with those above who have said that you will need a new headset and a new bash. Not sure about the bottom bracket. Try it and see when you get the new frame.

Edited by BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom