If Your Thinking Of Getting A New Pc Soon...

Koxx_TryAll

Yeah, I'm not about to rush out and get it. XP does everything I need right now, and I only moved up from Win 2K about 6 months ago. I'd rather wait and let everybody find all the obvious security loop holes and wait for the first 3 service packs to be released before I think about getting it.

Same.

The only reason i upgraded to XP was because we (my family) lost the '95 and '98 upgrade disk, and my dad had just got XP 'cause thats what dad's do, so i had to use that.

When 64bit is common standard, i think thats the only point i would willingly upgrade, so i could use a 64bit system to its full potentiol. Vista is 64bit compatible, right? :P

I think permissions are the way foreward just like on the new tiger as if you dont let something do it then it wont. Therefore why macs dont suffer from the hassles that windows gets.

It has taken them a year to get anywhere near a decent standard for XP so I wouldnt bother looking at another OS until they iron most things out otherwise your just asking for lost data and headaches.

Probably over the £100 mark I would guess but £10 in your local market as always.

Craig

Same.

The only reason i upgraded to XP was because we (my family) lost the '95 and '98 upgrade disk, and my dad had just got XP 'cause thats what dad's do, so i had to use that.

When 64bit is common standard, i think thats the only point i would willingly upgrade, so i could use a 64bit system to its full potentiol. Vista is 64bit compatible, right? (Y)

I think Vista is 75% 64bit, with 32bit coding aswell, so it will still run averagely on old machines.