Anyone At Warwick, Bristol, Nottingham, Durham, York, Manchester, Leed

modx-lite

Currently finishing off my UCAS form (doing Economics/Business Economics/something similar), and so far my choices are:

Leeds

Manchester

Nottingham

Bristol

Warwick

York

But I'm probably gonna add Durham in there, which means getting rid of one of those choices. Most probably Bristol, Warwick of Nottnigham (maybe Leeds as it's a bit close to home)

Just wondering if anyone goes to any of those uni's (even better if you're doing Eco) and what you think of it?

I know Warwick has got the best reputation etc for economics but I'm just not sure on the place, not too sure on the campus in the middle of nowhere thing...

Also Nottingham, loads of people I know love it, loads hae it, so opinions on that would be good.

Just wishing I'd gone on a few more open days.

Thanks a lot for any help at all :P

Yeah Manchester I love, got friends there who love it and I was impressed ont he open day. And yeah looked awesome for riding too! I think that's my first choice place-wise, but the course isn't as good as warwick York etc. Just trying to decide which is more important to me... I rekcon Leeds or Manchester will be my insurance choices.

Yeah Manchester I love, got friends there who love it and I was impressed ont he open day. And yeah looked awesome for riding too! I think that's my first choice place-wise, but the course isn't as good as warwick York etc. Just trying to decide which is more important to me... I rekcon Leeds or Manchester will be my insurance choices.

go for york :P if thats the best course, plus is close to some great riding spots too and ain't too bad for riding itself.

I picked my Uni more on the place than the course. Obviously i liked the course but the place for me made up the majority of my decision. You've got to remember that your gonna be spending 3 + years in the same place and if it disagree's with you then its going to be a nightmare. From your choices you've got some of the best uni's in the country down so the worlds your oyster really :P

Pete

I picked my Uni more on the place than the course. Obviously i liked the course but the place for me made up the majority of my decision. You've got to remember that your gonna be spending 3 + years in the same place and if it disagree's with you then its going to be a nightmare. From your choices you've got some of the best uni's in the country down so the worlds your oyster really :P

Pete

true and so did I really, but I didn't choose a shite course just to go somewhere cool. there are plently of places that do both.

true and so did I really, but I didn't choose a shite course just to go somewhere cool. there are plently of places that do both.

I agree but I don't think you can tell what a course is going to be like before you go, the only thing you know is where they are in the league tables. All those unis are good in the league tables etc so they'll look good on your CV. You'll have a good time wherever you go (Make sure it's far enough away from home (Y) ), so don't worry too much. Just go where you think looks nice. You'll probably enjoy Manchester, but I'm not gonna say that it's any better than anywhere else because I don't know :P

My mates started at Nottingham this year, doing law, and from what hes told me its a great uni. Decent lecturers, great area, halls are good, etc. Everything hes said has been positive. (Y)

Also got a mate at Manchester, but I havnt had the chance to speak to him yet, so I dont know what he thinks of it.

Cheers for the replies everyone, although I'm still no more sure...

Went through to Nottingham today, really nice campus, really fine women, lots of really fine women, good sports centre, nice accomodation..did I mention the fine women? Generally v impressed...but not sure about the city itself, didn't really see much of it. Think I'm gonna leave it as an option then maybe go spend time there if I get an offer.

So now it's between Leeds or Bristol, which is gonna be sacked off? Decisions...

Ive just finished at bristol and its great ... no real campus the uni is in the centre of bristol .... nice place but it is expensive.

Id say - dont give a shit about the course (open day wise) and just look around the city - its where youre gonna spend a long long time in your life . . .. choose somewhere youd like to live .