Comp In Fort Augustas Scotland

duncanshaw@scotland

this may be a stupid question but. . . . . . .

what like is the parking up there for this comp because as ben mentioned i am driving the pimp mobile and it doesn't really agree with parking in a field without it doing some gardening of its own with the underside of the car

i should get a chance to go past work this week on the way home from uni to see if i can get time off for this :P

i really dont know yet as i havent had the chance to go and meet the organiser at the venue yet.It should be pretty flat but im not sure.Will let you know as soon as i find out.

will be three levels

beginner

intermediate

pro

get yourself along, meet some of the other scottish riders (well im eeeeeeeeeenglish, and proud, but live in the granite city, aberdeen) and generally have a good time :-

ben

hopefully duncan, will post more details soon, directions, pictures, and information.

BEN

did u manage to get any pictures or a visit to the competition site duncan?

would very much like to hear about the location, and looking forward to this very much, also do we enter on the day or will we have to send forms in adavcne

Hi ben.I didnt manage to get in touch with kevin(organiser) until today and he is only free on tuesday to meet me at the venue so hopefully i will be able to get it off work.He is also meeting the guy from the forestry comission who was responsible for all the logs pallets etc. for the world cip trial in september.Kevin has told me that the venue is quite flat mainly covered in gravel but he is expecting logs and rocks to be delivered to the venue.Also there is seemingly a digger available for kevin to use to move the rocks into sections.

Entry will be on the morning of the comp,Should just be a couple of small forms to fill out.

Hope that helps you

duncan

Hi ben.I didnt manage to get in touch with kevin(organiser) until today and he is only free on tuesday to meet me at the venue so hopefully i will be able to get it off work.He is also meeting the guy from the forestry comission who was responsible for all the logs pallets etc. for the world cip trial in september.Kevin has told me that the venue is quite flat mainly covered in gravel but he is expecting logs and rocks to be delivered to the venue.Also there is seemingly a digger available for kevin to use to move the rocks into sections.

Entry will be on the morning of the comp,Should just be a couple of small forms to fill out.

Hope that helps you

duncan

Hey did you go today? is it basicly just a mix of street and rocks? anyways just wanting to know if there was anymore progress... cant wait gona be ace fun. (Y)

Hi guys.

I met kevin yesterday at the venue.Sorry no pics.Nothin to take yet.It is an old gravel quarrry with loads of huge logs so i can see there probably being around three log sections along with probably man made ones and kevin is confident he will get a lorry load of rocks dumped there before the comp which could then be moved into place with a digger that is available for him to use.The comp starts at 11 so you would probably wanna be there around ten so you can look at thye sections and sign on.The actual venue is just before fort augustus coming from inverness and will be clearly signed from the main road.Sponsored by nevis cycles who will supply the prizes whatever they are,im not sure.Hope that helps you.If you have anymore questions just post them and i can get in touch with kevin and let you know.

Cheers

Duncan

hahahaa, bobby d, what a user name darren.

(Y)

depending on the situation, im either camping or hotelling, we will see. but yer duncan if you could fire some info up it would be much appreciated,

ben

If a few of you guys from the stonehaven/aberdeen contingent are wanting a place to stay you guys could stay at mine.Im about 35 mins from the comp.would save you a bit of money.

Hi guys.

If a few of you guys from the stonehaven/aberdeen contingent are wanting a place to stay you guys could stay at mine.Im about 35 mins from the comp.would save you a bit of money.

hey duncan there would be about five of us at least, but i have to find out if watson can make it yet, if he cant then we probably take a hostel / hotel, however if he can make it then we probably be camping somewhere so he can save some money (N)

cheers for offer, ill try find out from watson <_<

haha, you only need some flat orange juice towler, and we would have to take you to hospital. Im gunna feed you a dirty pint, then you will know about it

Na Im never getting drunk when you are about... you would take advantage.

Yes, I can go... I got time off work - AREEEEEEEEEBA!!!!

I canny wait... will be great :lol:

Ben... I'm not gettin pished round you either, you'll well take advantage of me, I know you want my ass - I'm to innocent for all that malarky hehe (N)

Bring on next week (Y)

Watson