Brake Pads

ollie

as title says really

how do you make your own brake pads?

how do you get the right size, shape and what materal is best to make them from?

and what do you use to stick them to the backings

btw i have used the search because there was a topic on this waaaay back but i had no luck!

any help apreciated (sp?) and they are for maguras!

thanks

ollie

as title says really

how do you make your own brake pads?

how do you get the right size, shape and what materal is best to make them from?

and what do you use to stick them to the backings

btw i have used the search because there was a topic on this waaaay back but i had no luck!

any help apreciated (sp?) and they are for maguras!

thanks

ollie

Think about it, backing, glue, meat, knife, time and stuff.

Copy a std pad?? 50x10x10mm

Superglue, CA

Have to try differnt materials

you can't just ask what material/compound is, otherwise the companys would be out of business. And different colours can also affect the compound.

Won't superglue like, disintergrate pads?

"how do you make your own brake pads" you obviously don't have much experiance so I don't advise you make your own brake pads, due to safety reasons.

super glue wouldnt melt it! poly cement(or something similar) would because thats what it's made to do, but superglue just bonds water molecules. (heres some history for you, superglue was made during the vietnam war by us soldiers to patch up small flesh wounds, if you get it on your fingers you'll see how the Americans got something right!)

you'll see how the Americans got something right!)

For once. Now only if they got rid of Bush we'd be a happyer and safer world let alone nation.

Supergule creats a thermoreaction and you need that type of bond, rubber to plastic. Ploycement only bonds plastcis by melting them only.

yer..

i don't have much experience, well any really ut im still goin to try just for a bit of fun!

and i m not goin to try trials on them untill i am sure they are safe!

i will just use them for slowing down and stopping at high speeds first, then go from there!

and i wasn't just asking for the compound i was asking if any one had any ideas because i am trying to make them out of every day objects like shoe soles ect.

and does any one know how you melt the rubber down?

thanks

ollie

Edited by ollie

In a very open enviroment cos melted rubber fumes will KILL YOU but then again with thes epointless posts it could be a vertu!!

You'll have to gert an old stove, camping gas one, old saucpan and do it slowly in that but thats not how to do any of it.

I'll be making some pads soon if you wana try them mtae, they'll stop you and will not fail under trials use.

You'd be better off 1st testing the glue and pad material that both hold in the backing and the fact they stop by spining up the wheel and putting the brake on fully lock and load.

Til lthats 110% safe then move on to trying it with you on the bike. On the flat going alon will cary more force byt make sure you've a front working safe brake.

Okay dude get me on msn, pjalchemist@aol.com we can talk more. Hope to have pads done in a month or so...

Crm's are the pads of the century, and I doubt he will get anywhere near they're standard and years of testing. But I'm open for new Idea and design/compounds, If they are safe, reliable, work well and a good wear rate.

Edited by ash-kennard

Crm's are the pads of the century, and I doubt he will get anywhere near they're standard and years of testing. But I'm open for new Idea and design/compounds, If they are safe, reliable, work well and a good wear rate.

Stop takin the rip cus he wants to try summat new, i guess u do no better n what u say is more than likly true, but let him have a laugh, you make it sound like hes goin downhillin or trialsin as soon as he makes em!