Info On New Frames

mad_gavo

Im likeing the look of the two new frames on the website http://tartybikes.co.uk/products.php?product=comingsoon

Ive never heard of or seen the top one but i have seen the czar on here before.

What i am after is if anyone knows a rough release date on the frames and an estimated price. If they are reasonable i may be tempted to place a pre order as i am looking for a new frame (Y)

also what are peoples veiws on a 60mm bb rise? this seems like quite a lot to me what are the advantages and disadvantages? as the only bike simular i have ridden is a vinco is this + 60mm or more? ALso what forks is this measured with as i would be running my fattys which are relitvely short so may affect the geo abit.

Sorry if this is a bit of a pointless topic but im unable to phone tarty bikes as i am always at work during their opening hours :)

vinco is +80, yes that is huge, and yes I hate how it rides.

I had a hifi with +55 bb and yes I hate how they ride.

I have found + 10- + 20 is spot on, like the control, pure, levelboss, xtp, beleay etc etc, they all ride like a dream.

shut up you know you love it, you just 'bb height' envy!

the czar is the same geo as a GU and the GU rides awfully compaired to basically every bike i have rode, but you can bunny hop them (Y)

Once you have got used to BB rise (itll take a couple of weeks of riding though), Im sure you will love it. It can help you ride bigger due to more clearance, and feels sort of like a mod (as they have a fair bit of BB rise anyway). Once you have got used to riding it for a month or so, anything else will feel sluggish and low IMO.

P.s. I love the ride of the Echo Hi-Fi, with 55mm BB rise, even with low bars- it feels very much like my Zona mod, which is a great thing.

To be honest, i think this "feels like a mod" is rubbish.

I rode a t-rex, and even with its low bb i felt like i was miles further over the bars than on my mod (which has a low bar height anyway). With a high bb on a stock, it must feel like you are about to go over the bars all the time.

Definitly try out a high bb bike before you buy one.

With a high bb on a stock, it must feel like you are about to go over the bars all the time.

Definitly try out a high bb bike before you buy one.

Unless you get the right stem! The difference you may have felt was due to the stock having more reach. Something the High BB bikes do is make the effective cockpit shorter.

But sound advice there Phil (Y)

Personally, I think the Vinco rides the nicest out of the high BB frames, probably because of its massive BB height, I also rode a GU, but it wasn't as nice, maybe due to a Zoo mod stem being used on it compared to a Hifi stem? Anyway, to me, high BB stocks feel awesome on the backwheel,and yes it actually does feel like a big mod, because the normal lower BB stocks feel sluggish and slightly clumsier to ride around, probably because I'm so used to a flickier mod style riding.

But yeah, I can imagine people getting really bored of high BB frames, but still, they are pretty damn nice to ride.

shut up you know you love it, you just 'bb height' envy!

the czar is the same geo as a GU and the GU rides awfully compaired to basically every bike i have rode, but you can bunny hop them (Y)

The GU has 60+mm BB rise, whereas the Pitbull 06, Czar Ivan, Adamant A1, and Hifi have 55+mm BB rise (which does make a slight difference in feel, as I have experimented).

Also the Adamant A2 can be viewed here as well, its 6061 alloy instead of U6 and has less CNCing all over the frame, so I guess it's like a lower end frame from Deng, kind of like the Pure was in a way: www.panpa.com Thanks to Jonathan Trillo for showing me the site originally.

Edited by Sponge

different, doesn't mean bad.

i think if 50% of the people who have ridden high BB frames and not liked them, actually rode long enough (could be 15 mins, could be 15 days) to get used to it, they'd like it.

personally, i'd have to agree with Ali, about +10-20mm is perfect. but its entirely personal.

however, also to take into consideration is your style of riding, and your typical riding terrain. the good old street vs natural. i know if i rode natural/comps more often, i'd probably have a higher bb bike.

HOWEVOOR X2! vince rides with +50mm so we should all have that (Y)

right some research has told me that both frames (adament and czar) should be under £300 and arrive in about 2 weeks (Y)

As for the bb rise issue i think i will have to track down ian and ride his vinco some more (Y)

My origonal idea was to get a frame basically the same as my level boss but with a bit of a bigger wheel base and maybe 10-20+ bb. what frames are avalible with this kind of geo? As im never sure as i remeber riding a 1060 pitbull and it felt a compleatly differnt lenght to my koxx when it is basically the same wheelbase.

i think the 05 pitbull is 0mm bb rise (flat) and the new 06 is +60mm (Y)

Ive only just clocked it probably me been slow (Y) but there is an adement 1 and 2 what are the differnces? other then the seat tube join? (Y)

Also would i need one of these new school bashes on one of these frames as i currently have a 22t tensile setup with a 128mm bb. would it be a straight swap?

Edited by mad_gavo

right some research has told me that both frames (adament and czar) should be under £300 and arrive in about 2 weeks :)

As for the bb rise issue i think i will have to track down ian and ride his vinco some more (Y)

My origonal idea was to get a frame basically the same as my level boss but with a bit of a bigger wheel base and maybe 10-20+ bb. what frames are avalible with this kind of geo? As im never sure as i remeber riding a 1060 pitbull and it felt a compleatly differnt lenght to my koxx when it is basically the same wheelbase.

you better hurry mate because my bike is up for sale for various reasons, so if you wanna go you better catch me on a day when im out (not that often)

you better hurry mate because my bike is up for sale for various reasons, so if you wanna go you better catch me on a day when im out (not that often)

Yer rick said that today :)

Anyone know if i would have to get a new bash or could a 22t setup be run on these frames (Y)