Just Wandering What You'd Like To Have

random

Okay the deal is

* Pete's got itchy feet again

* Really big and badly

* Got spear time on my hands

* But no ideas where to begin

* Dengs already f**ked it up for me

I wana desgin a new frame. I can't be assed withthe norm, 3 triangle desgin and what not or i just have no idea how to do.

Problem is there are so many frame out there now it's hard to do you own...so only option i se eit is take this form that and that and that and mix and match.

PIC n MIX is what the frame could be called.

So yeah all i want is for you guys and gals to say what bits off other bikes you'd have ie/example:- Curtis headtube, Echo Control dropouts, Leeson BB, Coust downtube

You get what i mean, main features of the frame are the important part.

So let me know what you think of what you want and why.

Even if you can do some random picture work in Photoshop or a even a paint drawing of an idea.

Pete

You thick or just plain stupied?? bith!

I said as an ex of the style of them parts.

Not to say the fact that them two are the best Uk Steal frame builders.

I never said what materials it could be CF or Ti...maybe Lexan even (i wish)

Fact you can't weld ether togther, but you can bond them chemicly wihc inturn is as strong as welding them.

So :P Ash!!!!!!!!!

Hows about:

XTP headtube

Marc Vinco down tube and top tube design

Zoo pitbull 04 design BB

maybe have mod type chainstay for singlespeed usage?? no deraileur?

My paint program is down at the moment, so can't really draw picture. But if you can get general idea I think it would look rather nice. Whether It'd work is another story..... :D

Jackery :P

Hows about:

XTP headtube

Marc Vinco down tube and top tube design

Zoo pitbull 04 design BB

maybe have mod type chainstay for singlespeed usage?? no deraileur?

My paint program is down at the moment, so can't really draw picture. But if you can get general idea I think it would look rather nice. Whether It'd work is another story..... :P

Jackery :P

f**k a duck!!!!!!!!!! :D that boy i love. Don't let Deng hassle you cos he'll eat you for lunch and spit you bones out and then sell them on after wards.

The mod type of chainsatys do you mean shape?? So where talking horizontal dropouts er?? Umm got to be fixed rear wheel so you have set rear end length...sure soemthing crazy could be made to do tension

Something called C103 (no not the death metal club in Plymouth) it's a meatl welding agent but a chemical one, you paint both surface with it leave then bond and aply some heat and presure of a clmaping force and it bonds them togther and take a lot of force to fail.

Umm could be eh, Doc on Monday it is.

Edited by random

The mod type of chainsatys do you mean shape?? So where talking horizontal dropouts er?? Umm got to be fixed rear wheel so you have set rear end length...sure soemthing crazy could be made to do tension

I think something crazy would be awesome for tensioning!! :P

I think a nice mod end shape style would be good.......maybe not with horizontal drop outs though

:P A bit of a bb rise to make it really feel like a mod. A stock-mod :P A stock with all the rear end features of a mod!!!. Ummmm.......I think that the rear plates that hold the wheel (the part where the bolts are screwed onto) could maybe in the shape of a python 05 as they look nice and dandy, the design of the rear plate could maybe also give you a similar idea for the tensioner :lol: matching

Jackery :D

Okay so this is what's so far and is set in stone

Materials – T45, EN16T, HR4, 4130 (British Steal & Cromloy)

Weld – Fillet brazed

^set in stone not changing

All seam to favor a bb of 20mm, Deng does 55/60mm and Koxx are just as the name says @ 80mm. So were going for +30mmbb??

What about head angles?? 71* seams a good bet

20 SWG, 0.914mm tubing will do.