Better Balance

trialsinchris

Today i was riding around town, when for the first time i saw this little multi wall thing, it was like a box about half a foot high and quite wide but it had another box on top also about half a foot high, theres about a foot between start of second box and edge of first, so i pedal hopped up onto the first one then on to the second but couldnt stay on bike to jump down other side my front wheel just kept falling down before i could pedal hop again. what i need your advice with is how to keep front wheel from falling when pedal hopping up obsticals. cheers.

Yup, lean back quite a bit more and kick out......you've got to have quite a lot of trust in your brakes though. Another way I find to take the momentum out of my pedal hopping is to land right on the edge of something to stop the back wheel dead in its tracks. Then its a matter of forward hopping (without a pedal) to get right on top of the obstacle. Then you'll be nice and controlled for the next move. Hope this helps

Jackery :P

just for practing to keep your balance try this

Find a tree and put your front wheel onto the trunk at the same angle that you would be at if you were on your back wheel naturally. lock both brakes and jump on and try and stay on the tree with as little presure on your front wheel. now you can practice staying at the right position with out falling to far forward.

hi thanks again for advice all of theese things helped me (Y) . im from rotherham by the way and am realy improving my balancing now. also another question on same topic how do you balance and hop on the front wheel and can any of you do it (how many). thanks for replying. (Y)