Helmets

trialsinchris

Hi i started out in trials a couple of months ago and im not that good but i know every trials rider nearly wears a helmet so my question is is it worth me getting one now or waiting till im a bit better. also which style of helmet would be better most people have normal helmets like the gyro xen but wouldnt a jump helmet be better. (Y)

It doesnt matter what style helmet you wear but it is best to wear a helmet even if just starting out.

Even if your not going big you can still hurt yourself like say you flipped your bike of a small ledge and u hit your head on the corner of the wall? A helmet would save you goin to hospital

(Y)

Hope this Helps

Mitch

Hi i started out in trials a couple of months ago and im not that good but i know every trials rider nearly wears a helmet so my question is is it worth me getting one now or waiting till im a bit better. also which style of helmet would be better most people have normal helmets like the gyro xen but wouldnt a jump helmet be better. (Y)

Yeah deffently wear a helmet, all it takes is for your break to slip mate.

Me and my mate's wear a giro semi mx and it's a good helmet, only about £40 aswell i think.

put it this way you can replace a lid but you cannot replace a skull,

see if you can find the pulse video, the whole video is just crashes and the last clip is someone doinga small gap wall to a lower wall and his brake slips i believe and his head clips the edge of this wall and if he wasent wearing a helmet he would of been in a mess

buy a lid soon as mate dosent matter what kind it is (piss pot or a xc) a helmet is a helmet and it could save your life sorry to put it so serious but it is (Y)

definatly wear helmets. now whenever i ride i will be wearing one because earlier in the year i was riding of a 6 foot drop and the landing ground was loose and covered in rather large rocks as i landed my bike slipped from underneath me and i landed on the side of my head on flints the size of my hands luckily i was wearing a helmet (azonic skid lid good cheap reliable helmet) which took all the force and i recon it could of saved my life (Y)

say you flipped your bike of a small ledge and u hit your head on the corner of the wall? A helmet would save you goin to hospital

Happened to my mate, it never stopped him goingt o hospital though, still knocked him out n stuff, pool of blood was huge!!

But the doctor said if he wasnt wearing his lid, he wouldnt be here now....

whats a good make for a helmet is azonic good becuase some of theres look nice on chainreactions and I beleive they do a fitting service.

toby

Also is it better to have a peaked helmet for face plants

A peak wont do a damn thing in a face plant to be honest. The only thing that will protect you from mashing your face is a proper full-face helmet like downhill racers and some BMXers wear (I have a Bell Bellistic personally, not for trials riding). Almost never see trials riders wearing full faces, so yeah, just get something that protects your head well. You cant really say a piss pot is better than an xc helmet because although the piss pot may be tougher, theyre both gonna need replacing after a major accident anyway. Go for something cheap that FITS WELL. A loose helmet is not particularly helpful.

Everyone should wear a helmet... I don't always personally, but I should. You can't decide when you're gonna crash...

Edited by R*B

My Giro Xen is the best bit of bike kit ive ever bought :D May be expensive, at £60-90 depending which model you get (ie if its an 04,05 or 06) and where you get it from, but they are light, very confy and fit exelently. I feel is much safer and more confident if im wearing my helmet too.

It much nicer than the cheap £15-£30 helmets i had before, and as i have fallen on my head a couple of times (one time, dirt jumping, i landed badly, went down, then my bike (i htink it ws the chainstay) landed on my head- if my helmet had not been there to take that impact it would porbably of cracked my skull, or at least split my head open. (Y)

(Y)

silly question dude. never ride without a helmet. none of my mates see me without my helmet on so when we go out they say they cant recognise me as they never see me without the helmet on like. no matter what your riding capabilities are you should always wear one buddy. the stronger ones are the bmx style ones also known as piss pots (Y) , but i ride just a general met helmet, as always check that the helmet has reached british standards otherwise it ll be a lot weaker when knocked.

If you have been only riding for a couple of months I would just get a cheap giro or met helmet costing around £30.It is definately worth getting a helmet .And when you get one wear it every time you ride just incase. (Y)

Thanks

Deonn

Thanks for replies i went to je james today and got a sixsixone helmet for £30 but didnt have a mirror there, got it home, and expected to look a bit stupid, but not like this i look like some kind a mushroom, so i think im going to take it back and swap it, whats a good normal helmet for about same price like not a bmx one.