Creatine Monohydrate

MikeSmith

Yeah it's good, I take it, it doesn't give you stupidly long stamina etc like all the products say. Don't forget it's only a supplement though if your gonna start taking it you will have to modify your diet and any other supplements your taking (which you should be alrady)

It does enhance the speed of which your muscles recover. It does help but isn't shocking. It's not dear for a portion which will last you a good while. Give it a try but do it right otherwise it ain't worth doing at all.

it's not a drug or steroid. Remember it as this, it is simply a carrier for protein, so if you aren't eating protein you won't really benefit.

john

personally i think creatine is bollox, its apparently meant to draw water into the muscles which increases their mass. It's not for strength or stamina its purely for mass so you basically look nice and bulky. The problem is getting water retention in the muscles if you dont actually work them really hard til they burn sort of thing.

I took creatine for 6 months and it didn't do shit except give me about an extra hours energy a day. If you want mass, strength and stamina get hold of some anabolic steroids not the injection sort the tablet form. Take them for a month then have a months break when you hit two years stop for 6 months or it can cause kidney damage.

stu :-

your muscles can only store creatine for very short periods of time (a matter of seconds during a workout) and creatine supplements are supposed to prolong the bursts, helping you to keep going for longer. the only high creatuine supplement i have ever used is maximuscle 8000gl, but as with all supplements, dont expect what the sticker on the container says. eating more high fat cold water fish such as salmon is a good way to increase creatine levels :-

Remember it as this, it is simply a carrier for protein, so if you aren't eating protein you won't really benefit.

Creatine plays a roll in synthesis of protein, but it's not a carrier (of anything), infact creatine it's self needs a carrier (dextrose/glucose) to give an insuline spike for cell creatine/ATP absorbtion.

Creatine also breaks down into creatinine (ADP) after about 15 minuites out of powered form, meaning that for someone with a normal digestive system about 70% of all creatine you take is just wasted.

Aside from higher water retention within your muscles and a SLIGHT increase in last rep performance it's mainly useless. In my experience it won't help you build muscle faster.

I've tried several brands and varying amounts and cycles over the past years... none were worth their price tag.

What do you mix yours with?

Milk?

Your menna mix it with water lol.

Thats maybe why it tastes weird? mine tastes like normal vannila :- lol

You should mix it with a small cup of grape or apple juice, with 1/2 a tea spoon pure sugar.

Since starting the gym a months or so ago i just take a all in one meal replacement style powder called optibol. Has pretty much everything in it, creatine, vitamins etc. Id have thought alone they are pretty useless.. but when all put together they do make a difference. May be worth a try taking a all in one thing isntead of something specific like creatine. Anyways i'd have thought extra protein would help you more.

Protein, creatine within like 20 minutes after your done is the usual method. But you can get things to take before and during. Have a look on some sites: www.sncdirect.com thats where i get my stuff from. If your in to reading theres 100000's of articles on supplements and nutrition here: http://www.t-nation.com/articleCategory.js...lement&pageNo=1

Edited by Spacemunkee

which is the best suppliment to help muscles recover quickly? and when should it be taken?

the day after i climb i get bad pains in my forearms and cant lift anything heavy :- and it generallly lasts a few days and pisses me off B)

Oddly enough the single most effective thing for that is shitloads of water, and creatine (increases water retention). You can get specific mixes for muscle ache and recovery, from maximuscle.com for example. But that's one thing i've never tried, since it's never bothered me.