30" Onza Carbon Fiber - 28"

Jaffacakes

Hi

At the moment i've got 30" onza carbon fiber bars but im finding them too long, so not very comfortable. I was just wondering if i could cut them down and file the ends to smooth them off, or would i have dodgey bits of carbon fiber poking me as i ride?

Cheers guys.

Edited by Jaffacakes

Hi

At the moment i've got 30" onza carbon fiber bars but im quite small so im not finding them very comfortable. I was just wondering if i could cut them down and file the ends to smooth them off, or would i have dodgey bits of carbon fiber poking me as i ride?

Cheers guys.

You'll find that the bars arn't 100% carbon fiber. Only the outer layer is carbon fiber, the rest of it is metal (don't know what metal it is exactly).

Can't see any problems cutting them down, but i'd wait for comfirmation from other members.

:S

Well, you could probably try selling your bars (a lot of people would have them), then buy a new pair? I'm guessing cutting loads of shit off your bars can't help your warranty...

Either way, you *might* be able to cut the bars, but it might be sketch as it'll affect the carbon weave?

Would it be possible to buy some resin and put it on side of the bars once they are cut, so the weave will not be affected? I could probly buy some from B&Q or a surf shop would sell a ding repair kit (resin to mend dings in a board, that dries solid).

sounds like you nkow more than the rest of us lol. be bold and try it then let everyone know... you would be the famour carbon bar cutting pioneer!

john