After Some Song Editing Software

Corish

Exactly as the topic title says... I'm wanting (If its possible) to take out a singers voice in a song, but I'm also wanting to take out all the music and have just the singers voice singing away with no music.

Can anybody help? Would Cubase do this?

Thanks!

There's virtually no software that can, unless you ahd the original master copy of the music*.

*To my knowledge. Basically, it's all compressed and mixed into one channel, so you can't eradicate some individual components.

I know exactly what your saying, and I aint arguing this fact, but I'm sure DJ's can play with something on there decks, just wondered if Cubase would be the same with it being a music production program?

Thanks.

Corish

you can mute some frequency ranges with an equaliser, and if played loud enough and the singers voice is in a certain frequency, you might be in luck...

some songs might have all the voice and a low volume of background music on one channel, and the rest of the band/whatever on the other. that way, you can just mute one of them...

it's hard to get it good though. look for karaoke versions or something. :turned: