Difference In Lenght?

Trials Smithy

I believe a shorter frame is easier to do "street" moves. Manuals, bunnyhops, jumps etc.

A longer frame is more comp style. Very manouverable, good on the back wheel but not so good doing the above.

Thats not to say you cant ride say a longer frame and pop manuals etc but they are slightly harder to perform as well imo.

Short bikes are easier to spin and flick around, there also easier to bunnyhop up things and lift the front end up and feel more responsive, so are used mainly for street. With Long bikes you will have more balance to hop and rolling over and down rocks. Long bikes are also easier to gap having a longer wheel base, and are used mainly for Naural or comp.

Edited by tom_wilko

from personal experience i find short bikes more "chuck-able" and easier to bunny hop on,

but with a long bike you can go much bigger - i think its all to do with leverage

- imagine the bike is a big crow bar (not sure if that's how you spell it) - and you are trying to use it to lift the back wheel (and you for that matter) the longer the frame the better leverage you get - the higher/bigger you can go

- but then to reverse the equation

- if you are pivoting on the front wheel and the bike is really long - you have a lot of bike to swing round you, so it moves slower and is less responsive, but if you have a really short bike it will snap round quickly.

you can probably see how this applies to many trials moves - hope that helps

trust :P

Sorry to steal the thread...

At the moment i am riding a Giant (1008mm) and was thinking about getting a zoo pitbull (1060mm)

I ride street and i am 5 foot 7. I am not sure if the Zoo is to long, or if i will be able to ride it?

Do you think i would be able to ride it, is it to big? A few people who i have spoken to say that i look like i am 'stretching' on my Giant?

Cheers

Adam

Does this mean i should start another thread to get the answers i want?

Smithy :P

Does this mean i should start another thread to get the answers i want?

Smithy :P

You have been given the answers, what other's do you want :) .

Do you think i would be able to ride it, is it to big? A few people who i have spoken to say that i look like i am 'stretching' on my Giant?

It depends, are you feeling comfortable on your giant? If you are then i'm sure you would be fine on a zoo, What wheel base are you thinking about getting?

Edited by tom_wilko

Sorry to steal the thread...

At the moment i am riding a Giant (1008mm) and was thinking about getting a zoo pitbull (1060mm)

I ride street and i am 5 foot 7. I am not sure if the Zoo is to long, or if i will be able to ride it?

Cheers

Adam

I changed from similar sized bike, the heavy tools, to a zoo pitbull 1060.

It has helped my riding no end, i find it much easier to ride.

Im 6ft tall but my other half is 5'7 and she doesnt find it too big to ride. Just chose a shorter stem if you find your stretching over the bike

You have been given the answers, what other's do you want :P .

It depends, are you feeling comfortable on your giant? If you are then i'm sure you would be fine on a zoo, What wheel base are you thinking about getting?

Yeah i feel fine on my Giant so you think it would be ok?

Cheers

Adam