Echo Brake Pads

Ross Gardner

ive heard the zoo pads work very well on a grind, but wear down very quickly.

i heard that they work very well without a grind

they probably work well with both then, but just wear down quicker with a grind

can someone post a link to these echo pads, ive not heard anything about them

TO DAN:just as well on a smooth, but if you want them to last less then an hour, then a grind is for you!

The echo pads are on Tartybikes.com

according to the echo site and a few other shops they all seem to say that they're designed to run with a grind.

the old compound zoo! pads were softer and from what ive heard didnt last too long on a grind. but the new ones are the same compound as the new echo pads from what i can make out anyways!!

this is just what iv'e been able to figure out as i was lookin at the pink ones for my bike. dont think there's any difference in compound between the colours.

hope this helps, correct me if im wrong people!!

cheers

When people say, "the echo pads are the same compound as the zoo! pads" they mean that they are the same compound as the 'old' zoo! pads, they have changed their compound a little, so you get the same braking power but with a less wear rate, so can be used on a grind.

Not many people have read the www.trials-uk.co.uk website to find out about that... so they think they the same old "wear down REAALLLLLYYYYZZZZZ quick! compound!"

Edited by terror-error

Zoo! pads are amazing on a light grind (even better with tar as well as a grind), I put on my half used zoo pads on today instead of my plazmatics since it was raining and I wanted a break that locks.

At the start of today I was messing around on the wall in front of my house in the wet, and whenever I went to back wheel anything i would just slip off, so i went and switched my pads and it worked a dream in the wet as well as when it dried up, i'm happy :lol: . I probably won't be in a week when i have no pads left though.

Edited by tom_wilko