36 Hole Rim + 32 Hole Hub = Problem?

Urpedigreechumdog

hmm, after spending all that effort welding two rims together it would be a shame to waste it by bodging up the wheel build, also it will void the warranty on your king

sell "bob" and get yourself one of the new echo rims, its wide, strong and in 32 hole

sorry didn't mean to "bum" the echo rims

to be more informative the wheel will not build up well if you can lace it up, by this i mean that it will be very hard to get completely true as spokes will be missing at points of the rim, this will also mean the balance of the wheel will be out and give excessive up and down movement

to get the wheel even close to straight you will have to tighten some spokes alot and some not so much, so the spoke tension will be very uneven over both hub flanges, causing extra stress on the hub

i'm guessing that you're not the smoothest rider and that's why you have resorted to a double rim like this, so with some big heavy impacts to the wheel it will add even more stress to the already stressed hub and thats what will kill your king and buckle your wheel very easily

hope that helped :)

Thanks for the useful posts :lol:

Now would anyone care to give me an answer relating to the question which doesn't bum the echo rims?

right, well for starters the others just happened to give you the cleverest information. however you are being a dick so my information is that your stupid enough to have got 36hole rims for a 32 hole hub :)

well im sure as u can guess miss 4 holes out :) would cause more stress on the flange more difficult spoke calculations. however wheel would probably be better true-able than the other way.

if u imagine a hub side on below then i would miss the spokes out in this manner (ignore the underscores (they are to space out the pretend spoke holes)

____*

*_______*

____*

the top and bottom one being the left flange as an example, while right and left being ont right flange