Corsa Sri 8 V

colly

People said that too me too on that car.

Got a 1.2 8v in the end beacuse it was the only one i could justify insuring. Although the SRI was cheaper to buy (N)

PS dont get the 1.2 8v if you can help it theyre soooooooo slow its untrue. You would be better off with the 1.0 12v or a later 1.2 16v if you can streach to it :closedeyes:

yes i have pass plus.

the thing that i found best to do was keep ringing back, the first person quoted me £1700 at norwich union, then when i phoned back a day later they quoted me £1075 fully comp,

also which i found weird was that for third part fire and theft the price was £1050 whcih means that i only payed £25 more to go fully comprehensive

my car is not labelled as an sri, its labelled as one of the limited edition 1.4 8v corsa breeze in the 1997 to 2000 range, however it has the same engine as an 1.4 corsa sri out of the 1993 1997 models, as in the 1997 to 200 range ther was no sri models, they labelledthem corsa sports, now they have gone back to sri and sxi in the even newer corsa range

ash

HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET IT THAT CHEAP.

im £1600 on third party and thats the cheapest i could find. lucky bastards.

simon

Dont worry simon mines about the same third party (Y) Im gathering you have a corsa like mine (spoke to you on that random hlfords training day)

the pass plus gave me nearly 400 quid discount

ash

Thats if the company takes it into consideration. I still can't figure out insurance, for me on an R reg 1.4 polo with 2 years driving, 20 yrs old, one accident with excess recovered and pass plus it came to £1400 fully comp and then on an R reg 106 Rallye it was only £200 more! madness Oh and they're both first time policies as well.

Pete

Edited by tipsy Jock

Get a car with an 'i' or an 's' anywhere in the model and you're bound to get astronomical quotes. The way to get a good car for starting off in is get one that they wouldn't expect - like a nice family car. I'm 19 and I have a Volvo 440 1.8i - it's pretty powerful as first cars go, but it's not sporty looking; a good comfortable family car. My grandparents have one. So my insurance is 1300 in my name, third party fire & theft.

Get a car with an 'i' or an 's' anywhere in the model and you're bound to get astronomical quotes. The way to get a good car for starting off in is get one that they wouldn't expect - like a nice family car. I'm 19 and I have a Volvo 440 1.8i - it's pretty powerful as first cars go, but it's not sporty looking; a good comfortable family car. My grandparents have one. So my insurance is 1300 in my name, third party fire & theft.

What you save on insurance i'll save on petrol (Y)

Go under your parents for the first year. You wont get the years no claims, but during that year you can do your pass plus, and you have then also had your license for a year. I was getting quotes of between 1300 and 2000 for a 1.4 95 reg peugeot 306, that was only 3rd party fire & theft too. Under my dads, fully comprehensive, its 200 quid. (Y)

In 6 months i will do my pass plus, then once the year is up, phone around and hopefully get it a lot cheaper then if i had gone under my own for the first year, then going onto the second year with a years no claim. If that makes sense? :-

Go under your parents for the first year. You wont get the years no claims, but during that year you can do your pass plus, and you have then also had your license for a year. I was getting quotes of between 1300 and 2000 for a 1.4 95 reg peugeot 306, that was only 3rd party fire & theft too. Under my dads, fully comprehensive, its 200 quid. (Y)

In 6 months i will do my pass plus, then once the year is up, phone around and hopefully get it a lot cheaper then if i had gone under my own for the first year, then going onto the second year with a years no claim. If that makes sense? :-

It's still going to hurt, first time policies for young male drivers are huge! although £200 for the first year is veryimpressive. Oh also you wont have a years no claims bonus you will have a years no claims experience which is very different.

It's still going to hurt, first time policies for young male drivers are huge! although £200 for the first year is veryimpressive. Oh also you wont have a years no claims bonus you will have a years no claims experience which is very different.

Thats what i said. I guess i didn't make it all to clear. Me going under my dads for my first year of driving, then my own for my second year, will still be cheaper then going under my own for the first year, and get a years no claim for the second year.