My Laptop Desktop Resolution Problem....

skandy32

i have a problem... i want a higher resolution on my screen, so things dont appear childlike big! So i go into decktop properties, as you do, increase the resolution of the screen, and this happens.......

gallery_3155_190_14117.jpg

how can i just make it "zoom out" like ordinary screens do!? Do i make sense?

in need of a helping hand..... andy :lol:

From looking at the diagram it looks like just the wallpaper hasn't resized. Try changing the wallpaper or make sure that it is set to stretch.

dont know whether my diagram makes sense..... basically im trying to up the resolution in my display properties - so everything on screen appears smaller,

like change the whole computer display from 1024 x 768 to 1240 x 860 odd, but instead it 'zooming out' as it should - and thats how i want it! It just makes the whole desktop bigger than i can see! so i have to scroll around to see all my desktop (kinda like a huge photo in IExplorer)

Its arkward to explain >_<

ill try stu's idea, see if that works....

Ahhhh yeeeees, i know what you mean and if you move the mouse to the bottom of the desktop the screen scrolls down for you to view the other desktop icons etc. ?

The graphics card driver should sort it, however if it doesnt it could be one of two things, either the graphics card doesnt actually support the resolution you are trying to make it or it could be that you are infact out of the monitors range - i have found being out of the monitors range happens more frequently on older laptops than anything else.

*EDIT* just read the topic title again and it says "LAPTOP" god im a dumbass sometimes!

Try the driver, if this method fails you need to be looking at purchasing a new item or simply put up with it.

stu >_<

Edited by The enchanted broomstick