Which Pads With A Grind

skye_trials

It doesn't matter which colour, Browns will last the longest. Thay all have advantages.

Plazmatic CRMs are good, and look at Heatsink and Coustellier too.

You're new here so i won't go on about it, but this topic is very common and there are loads of posts if you give it a quick search (Y)

It doesn't matter which colour, Browns will last the longest. Thay all have advantages.

Plazmatic CRMs are good, and look at Heatsink and Coustellier too.

You're new here so i won't go on about it, but this topic is very common and there are loads of posts if you give it a quick search (Y)

sorry mate!

yeah. im using koxx bloxx browns on a grind, and they work reallly well (Y)

Do they all work the same in water?

Allen (Y)

On the subject, I have a grind which is a few weeks old now and I cant really be bothered to take it off and freshen it up at the minute, so It's slightly smoothened itself out a bit now.

However, I have some new pads on order and wont be here for a few days so I got some of the black standard maggy pads from Halfords, suprisingly, its a decent pad, however, it was a bit too soft and is now almost flattened after about 4 hours of riding.

Im waiting until my rim is a bit more smoother and going back to kool stops with tar, it was sound on my bike. Squeeked like hell, locked on and there was no way that wheel would budge.

Perfect example that changes aren't always the best option, I regret grinding my rim down. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that will argue that a grind is the way to go and that kool stops are shitty, but it worked fine on my bike :P

i have koxx bloxx reds and they are working well i have had them for about 3 months and they have only worn down about 2mm of pad, they have very good grip in the dry. They work very well in the wet aswell.

when i need new pads i will get koxx bloxx reds again, i would reccomend them.

Dan

On the subject, I have a grind which is a few weeks old now and I cant really be bothered to take it off and freshen it up at the minute, so It's slightly smoothened itself out a bit now.

However, I have some new pads on order and wont be here for a few days so I got some of the black standard maggy pads from Halfords, suprisingly, its a decent pad, however, it was a bit too soft and is now almost flattened after about 4 hours of riding.

Im waiting until my rim is a bit more smoother and going back to kool stops with tar, it was sound on my bike. Squeeked like hell, locked on and there was no way that wheel would budge.

Perfect example that changes aren't always the best option, I regret grinding my rim down. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that will argue that a grind is the way to go and that kool stops are shitty, but it worked fine on my bike :P

but your only 10-11 years old at max. heavier people put more pressure on their brake so grinds are v usefull.

check out www.tartybikes.co.uk for a huge rang of pads.... they also explain which pads are good for different conditions and rims.....

Heres the info about the koxx range.... (from the site)

Koxx Bloxx

Description:

- The famous Koxx Bloxx are now availabe in more colours than ever before!

- Browns remain the choice of a number of riders, outlasting pretty much all the pads on the market, while still retaining a very good level of performance in most conditions.

- Red and Yellow were later introduced, which boast even better performance with slightly less impressive wear rate. These pads are designed mainly for dry conditions.

- The Blue and Green compounds were developed to counter this, boasting excellent performance in the wet, at the slight detriment of wear and dry weather performance. A very consistent brake pad.

- Assembled into brand new Power Pad backings to ensure safety and no clip life problems.

Stock Information:

Brown: In Stock

Red: In stock

Yellow: In stock

Green: In stock

Blue: In stock

Price (inc. VAT): £18 (including 1st Class postage)

Hi,

I have a grind and i am only using standard magura pads, so i am wondering what pads would be the best.

I was thinking about koxx blocks but i don't no which colour.

any help would be very much appriciated.

Cheers Allen (Y)

in this cold wet weather i use the browns they work brilliant (Y)

just changing the pads wont neccesarliy make the brakes andy better..changing the levers and runnin a booster will help aswell... are we talkin front or rear wheel ??

just changing the pads wont neccesarliy make the brakes andy better..changing the levers and runnin a booster will help aswell... are we talkin front or rear wheel ??

anzo..u fancy a ride sometime?? i feel liek doing a natural ride in derby jus after crimbo

Sure, I'm in Heanor, about 30 minutes bus trip to Derby. Drop me an e-mail.

Plaz are great, I presume your running four bolt mounts??

If you are I would consider getting a brake booster (Y), I find Echo Controls are favourable, and perform well :)

Also, Try bleeding your brake, there may be problems there.

On another note! :

Koolstops and tar is actually pretty good ! :)

Edited by deanie-b