Stanley Knife Grind...

Fishy

Hey, last night i was bored, very bored, no no, incredible bored, so i wacked off my back wheel and decided to grind my wheel, but not with a grinder, with a stanley knife, i was just wondering if anyone else has a stanley knife grind on there wheel? and if a proper grind is any better?

thanks

j0efish

btw it took me 2 hours...

It works the same way as a grind, but deeper, i think, and it hasn't worn away on my mod as quick as the grind did. I think it works well, but i haven't ever had like a harsh grind on my rim.

I'll see if i can get some pics now.

Edited by Monty Boy

I still think your a gullable fool doing that joe...

You sure its not like someone telling you to find nuts without threads, or a waterproof sponge.

Ill try your brake tomorrow, see if it really is as good as you say...

And you can try my immense brake, wornout grind on maggy blacks, it is really good.

no offence mate, looks crap, ive heard of these kinda things being good though, apparently you cut the rim quite deeply a few times around the rim, after youve put a fresh grind on and its supposed to work absoloutely amazing BUT wears pads fast :) someone did it AGES ago on OTN and a few others copied and got the same results now they all swer by it, but i cant be bothered and a grind does me fine :)

Edited by Gaz M

I went out today and i thought, f*ck me, these brakes are good, so i guess it must of done something, and the thing is, i was scared of grinding my rim, just incase i f*cked up, and cut my hand off or something, but also, i got a grinder for christmas... :-:$(Y)

it looks worse in the pics than it does usually, oh, and adam, can you see where its bent?

Edited by Monty Boy

doesnt look too bad, good i'd say stick with the blade too if it works, alot safer than a angle grinder

So going up and down slipping with a sharp knife 50,000 times is safter than going round 1ce with an angle grinder with a guard on it! i think i know which id prefer! just be carefull and its perfecly safe

So going up and down slipping with a sharp knife 50,000 times is safter than going round 1ce with an angle grinder with a guard on it! i think i know which id prefer! just be carefull and its perfecly safe

Again Keep your hands behind the grinding wheel and you will never cut yourself. You might slip and have your foot off while your holding it or my mate might come in and see yuou bent over a rim and decide to do somthing to you... Whooops :P;)