Stanley Knife Grind...

Fishy

Again Keep your hands behind the grinding wheel and you will never cut yourself. You might slip and have your foot off

I wear shoes when i stick my foot in front of it though!

and buy a decent angle grinder in the 1st place an do up the disk propperly u nin com poop

when i was making my brake boosters, i had to use an angle gringer to take the sharp edges off, and it slipped off and smack me in the chest, stung like a bitch, the blaaady disc came off... thats why i don't like them

Did you touch the blade on the metal to find it suddenly jump towards you? if thats what happened you had the blade rotaton round the wrong way! you have to make sure the rotation faces away from you or else it will shoot back.

could of been, because 1, i dont think i tightened it up, 2 it was an old grinder, and 3, it was cold, so i wanted to do it as fast as i could to get back inside.

and it really hurt,

Edited by Monty Boy

what is the obsession with grinding ur rim???? i mean buy a decent brake if u want it to stop proper;y jeez lol or use tar, at least u dont have to worry about having a rizla for a back wheel

sigh

whats your idea of a decent brake? and if you know of one other than a vee or maggie than please tell us.

I presume you have a maggie and are reffering that to the decent brake comment? Pretty much all trials riders have maggies (vees are also bloody good!).

I am yet to try maggie or vee that works straight out of the box without mods, so the next logical step is to get decent pads. To make these pads work even better, a grind really makes the brake work.

I dare you to go and ride a nice muddy comp (or any comp for that matter) with a smooth rim, I can guarentee you the guys with grinds will have better working brakes and get better results because of it.

Please dont give out advice on things you havnt really properly used (presuming you havnt), grinds are the best thing you can do to your bike to make the brakes work.

Tar is utter crap, and if you get your rims wet, it turns into grease, not somthing I would want to have on my rims.

rant over

As for the stanley grind, I did somthing simular years ago when I rode a mod, but I used a hacksaw to cut slots in., I remember it being ok in the dry, but it had nothing on a grind, they really are the thing to have

Yeah, i would, but im scared of the grinder :( hehe i'll keep with this until it wears out, then i'll grind it, i think, no no, i'll use i bigger knife (Y)

Scared of the grinder? Read the manual, wear gloves, goggles and ear protection, tie back any loose clothing or hair get some steel toe boots what can go wrong just keep your body behind it a fair distance and keep a fair grip on it if it snatches all that will happen is it will jump off as long as you have a hold of it then you will be fine. How will you ever get good at somthing if your not prepared to learn do you shy out of things in trials? such as drops gaps ect becuase your scared of them?