Getting Gears Of My Bike

Walleee

how do..

basically, i hav done a search but i couldnt quite find what i needed to.

i have got a single speed kit, and a tensioner. BUT!! i cannot get the cassette of me wheel :S :S

how do i do this??

cheers

You need a chain whip and a cassette tool, if your asking, best to bring it to your bike shop.....

i have the tools and stuff,i forgot to mention, the thing just does not move..ive been tryin to twist it..into the engagements, so it spins round, but holding it still with the chain tool thing..

Ill be honest and say i've never done it myself so perhaps this bump will help someone who has see this topic and look in. (Y)

I've done it before, but i didn't have any of these fancy tools, but i had to do it with my dad, because he had to hold onto the cassette with a rag while i was hitting the lock nut with a hammer and a screwdriver, but basically you have a lock nut and you want to loosen it against the chain whip, so you're pulling the chain whip int turning the tool the opposite way...if that makes sense :S

hope this helps

jOefish

Edited by Monty Boy

I think i know what you are talking about. If you have managed to get the lock ring off, and its the actual chassette that wont come off of the hub, I had that problem a few days a go, i could'nt find any way of getting it off it was like the previous owner had mulered the thing with a hammer. The only thing i can say is to PULL IT!! VERY HARD, the heavy handed approach, well thats me any way. I did for about ten minutes and it finally came loose, and when i went to put on the single speed it slotted on lovely and when i did it up with the lockring it was tight as a tiger. (Y)

Have you removed this part

IPB Image

forget about the yellow word im talking about the lockring

If you have got it off then PULL of not PLEASE DONT PULL!. it may rip the threads of the lockring and hub thread

i have the tools and stuff,i forgot to mention, the thing just does not move..ive been tryin to twist it..into the engagements, so it spins round, but holding it still with the chain tool thing..

You'll need to give it some beans, I put that on so it wouldnt come off without a fight ;)