Trials Shoes

planet-x-boy

Hey Guys

I am thinking about investing in some trials shoes because my trainers, even though they give great grip, are just to soft and hurt me feet after a while and also they only last about a week of trials. I also have tried some Duff skate shoes which i find give me no grip at all and i find that they are to wide.

Which trials shoes would you recomend for me? And are they worth getting?

Cheers Brett (Y)

Personally i don't see the point in trials shoes, the just make you looks all professional really. Too expensive aswell. I don't know why you're feet hurt after riding, just check you haven't got 10 inch daggers on your pedals. (sorry not a funny joke). But anywayjust stick with some nice grippy skate shoes which aren't too wide, and not expensive, no point spending tonnes of money on shoes which are going to get messed up a little.

I recommend Try-all shoes from Tartybikes or cleanbikes (Y)

They offer alot of grip (Y)

But if you got enough money get a pair of ribo shoes they are supposed to be best shoes for trials(Y) These can be bought from coustellier.co.uk but not sure if that is the web address.

You should search for topics on shoes there have been a few topics started over these (Y)

Cheers

Mitch

monty shoes all the way - give enough support and yet are flexible.

found that the grip on try-alls arent so good, but i guess savage does alright with them.

however, stick with some skate/bmx shoes if you want something long lasting eg orchid, as trials shoes will probably last you a year if you ride a lot. i dont ride so much so mine have lasted me for 3! but theyre knackered :P

Hey Guys

I am thinking about investing in some trials shoes because my trainers, even though they give great grip, are just to soft and hurt me feet after a while and also they only last about a week of trials. I also have tried some Duff skate shoes which i find give me no grip at all and i find that they are to wide.

Which trials shoes would you recomend for me? And are they worth getting?

Cheers Brett (Y)

try the inopia skate style ones from tarty bikes, they are cheeper than the likes of tryall and they feel nicer on your pedals. (Y)

....steve

monty shoes all the way - give enough support and yet are flexible.

found that the grip on try-alls arent so good, but i guess savage does alright with them.

however, stick with some skate/bmx shoes if you want something long lasting eg orchid, as trials shoes will probably last you a year if you ride a lot. i dont ride so much so mine have lasted me for 3! but theyre knackered :P

I am probably one of the biggest Monty fans around but have to disagree on this

one, my Monty shoes have been poor as in quality they are the latest style & cost

nearly £90 the stitching has all come loose and the soles are worn very quickly. (N)

My brothers Tryall are £30 cheaper & better quality. (Y)

try-alls r prob better quality and will last longer, but for performance its monty.

bmx shoes r ok for street but for some comps you have to have shoes with ankle protection to be able to ride, such as the world championships.

for the british championship you dont have to wear them; they are ''recommended''. however with the way things are going dont be surprised if they are mandatory too in the not too distant future.

The try all shoes have a very soft compond sole and so perform well but will deteriate, i would buy a pair but wear them on bigger rides and train in some old skater shoes that dont matter too much just an idea i have some old nike shoes that flex which i like, but rich rides in timberlands so you know