Magura Pads?

koxx1

Hi there,

i'm sorry to be posting this again i do realize there are plenty of threads containing information on magura pads, yet i am still not sure which are for me right here we go i have a viz rim with a dead grind at the moment, i could either regrind it and get a hard compound pad such as plazmatics or koxx browns or i could stay with my dead grind and get maybe zoo pads, i am told zoo pads aren't much good in the wet so i'm not entirely sure on them. I would prefer a pad that lasts a reasonable amount of time and works well in most condisons.

once again i'm sorry for posting another magura pad thread, but i have to be sure i'm making the right choice.

thanks alot for you're time i'm sure you will be alot of help to me, Nick

Dude,

Bets pad for you Viz rim DAN KO'S HEAD!!!!

Try the new Echo pads. There soft as ocal smack head, there all the same just differnt dye, Zoo's work but you right not in the wet. Plaz are soft, will work just make sure you set them to hit square on the rim. There is Heatsink, Coust (fatmike) and thern ME with my pads

Oh right quite a few to choose from :blink: sorry i didn't know that plaz pads were soft my last ones lasted me ages ^_^ well thanks for your help dude plaz sound cool but am i right in thinking they only work well on a harsh grind? i don't really want to have to keep grinding my rim every time it gets abit smoother as it will weaken my rim. :ermm:

Dude please look around before so start asking silly questions.

Takne from Tartybikes

Plazmatic CRM for HS33s

Description:

- Distinctive bright yellow Magura Brake Pads from Plazmatic.

- Compound developed and tweaked over many years, with the help of a diverse range of riders and setups to provide awesome braking on both ground and smooth rims!

- Assembled into official Magura backings for maximum safety and clip life.

- Great sound, with sharp bite and tremendous hold, but still with a superb wear life.

- As used by both Adam and Dave, as well as team rider Damon Watson.

Stock Information: In stock

Price (inc. VAT): £17 (one pair, inc 1st Class postage)

If your gonna pussy foot over grinding you rim then do this, DON@T RIDE TRIALS. You need the grind which is a high friction coating. Your grind should be gut wrenching and all the way in, 1mm to 2mm is all it is and rim's now as such the Echo are made thicker to keep people as your self happy. Just make sure you grind your rim right, run enough PSI in you tyre cos if not then it'll be too low and will crack as the rim will be what your rididng on and the thinner and thiner side walls will cave in, crack, snap.

SEARCH is a frendly button as is GOOGLE

Pete

Dude please look around before so start asking silly questions.

Takne from Tartybikes

Plazmatic CRM for HS33s

Description:

- Compound developed and tweaked over many years, with the help of a diverse range of riders and setups to provide awesome braking on both ground and smooth rims!

- Great sound, with sharp bite and tremendous hold, but still with a superb wear life.

- As used by both Adam and Dave, as well as team rider Damon Watson.

If your gonna pussy foot over grinding you rim then do this, DON@T RIDE TRIALS. You need the grind which is a high friction coating. Your grind should be gut wrenching and all the way in, 1mm to 2mm is all it is and rim's now as such the Echo are made thicker to keep people as your self happy. Just make sure you grind your rim right, run enough PSI in you tyre cos if not then it'll be too low and will crack as the rim will be what your rididng on and the thinner and thiner side walls will cave in, crack, snap.

SEARCH is a frendly button as is GOOGLE

Pete

Well sorry i don't know as much as you, maybe this is why i'm asking for people help? so don't F**Kin say all that S**T to me, smart ass Twat, reason im "pussy footing" around grinding is because i can't afford a new rim every few months don't tell me not to ride trials

Edited by koxx1

Ak anyone here dude or a Mod, better stil lcheck the rules. SEARCH, ask dum ass questions where the topic is already covered as a stick expect to get greaf andf thick ear. Treid helping you but be petty like aao manny new comers to trials.

Yes i see you trying to help i also see you being a cheeky f**k sorry i didn't search it but no need to fist your self over it is there you cock, i'm not saying your not helping i'm just saying why do you have to put it like you have.

dont get gu pads on a grind! on a smooth rim with some tar they would work awesome, but they felt really hard so i put them on a grind. I got mine at christmas and after putting them on a light grind they had worn away to the plastic within 2 weeks :angry: but they did grip well and one of the loudest pads out. Get Plazmatic dude, cant go wrong. Cherz , Ross (Y)

Why did i put it as i did. We have have to many NMC asking the same reapted questions over and over f**king time and time f**king again okay mate. If you looked around a bit you may even find a set of pads thast are being sold that might be of intrest to. I'm older, wiser yeah, but when the same shit is going on day in day out i'll make a point of it. Welocme to the forum mate. Just obay the rules and all is good. Sorry for any wrong fototingness but you'll the side of many of us when you been er a long time

Pete

Why did i put it as i did. We have have to many NMC asking the same reapted questions over and over f**king time and time f**king again okay mate. If you looked around a bit you may even find a set of pads thast are being sold that might be of intrest to. I'm older, wiser yeah, but when the same shit is going on day in day out i'll make a point of it. Welocme to the forum mate. Just obay the rules and all is good. Sorry for any wrong fototingness but you'll the side of many of us when you been er a long time

Pete

I was only f**king asking why be a dick about it, why can't you just let is slide, and who gives a shit your older yeah you know more im asking for your help... get it...? im sorry the same questions are getting asked day after day but i'm asking for my benifit im askin for advice from people have attuly used these pads rather than a vaige discripstion on tarty bikes thanks anyway.... tosser.

dont get gu pads on a grind! on a smooth rim with some tar they would work awesome, but they felt really hard so i put them on a grind. I got mine at christmas and after putting them on a light grind they had worn away to the plastic within 2 weeks :angry: but they did grip well and one of the loudest pads out. Get Plazmatic dude, cant go wrong. Cherz , Ross (Y)

Ok thanks for your help mate (Y)

i'm asking for my benifit im askin for advice from people have attuly used these pads rather than a vaige discripstion on tarty bikes thanks anyway.... tosser.

Taken from Tartybikes

Plazmatic CRM for HS33s

Description:

-As used by both Adam and Dave, as well as team rider Damon Watson.

So the bit there i have highlited in read. does that not give you any type of f**king answer? 3 f**king amazing trials riders that now 2 of them run a shop that stock a product with a description that they have out time and effort into of testing it, using it and then writing about it let alone sorcing it to sell it. Tartybikes as is Selectbikes is a rider owned and inputted shop. That means pretty much everything would of been tested by them. Now i hope that explaine it to you some what better. it's people such as you self which makes this foum slow, shit and winds the f**k put of people. I tried heloing, showed you what you wnated to know, told you where to get it from and how. can't get no fairer than that.

Pete

Edited by Wright Pads

Well sorry i don't know as much as you, maybe this is why i'm asking for people help? so don't F**Kin say all that S**T to me, smart ass Twat, reason im "pussy footing" around grinding is because i can't afford a new rim every few months don't tell me not to ride trials

ffs, hes trying to help you, the only reason he seems to know alot more about stuff, is because he has been around alot longer, so he probably knows what hes talking about (i hope). Just get some plaz pads (crms) just avoid getting any moisture on them.

edit: i didn't grind my rim for almost two years, and now that i have i've found my brake was much better with a smooth rim and crms. Then i ground it really harsh, the pads have worn quite alot, but the grind has stayed really sharp for over a month so don't worry about the rim.

i only think the pads wore so quick because they were bedded into a non-ground rim.

Edited by ash-kennard

Taken from Tartybikes

Plazmatic CRM for HS33s

Description:

-As used by both Adam and Dave, as well as team rider Damon Watson.

So the bit there i have highlited in read. does that not give you any type of f**king answer? 3 f**king amazing trials riders that now 2 of them run a shop that stock a product with a description that they have out time and effort into of testing it, using it and then writing about it let alone sorcing it to sell it. Tartybikes as is Selectbikes is a rider owned and inputted shop. That means pretty much everything would of been tested by them. Now i hope that explaine it to you some what better. it's people such as you self which makes this foum slow, shit and winds the f**k put of people. I tried heloing, showed you what you wnated to know, told you where to get it from and how. can't get no fairer than that.

Pete

I post on here to get more imformation ok i may have been a little dum not searching i have been on tarty bikes plenty of times and had a look at the pads but i figured if i post on here i could see what some other riders use perhaps give me some tips? i see you have told me what to get where from, but you see i don't see why you have to put it like that

"If your gonna pussy foot over grinding you rim then do this, DON@T RIDE TRIALS. You need the grind which is a high friction coating. Your grind should be gut wrenching and all the way in, 1mm to 2mm is all it is and rim's now as such the Echo are made thicker to keep people as your self happy. Just make sure you grind your rim right, run enough PSI in you tyre cos if not then it'll be too low and will crack as the rim will be what your rididng on and the thinner and thiner side walls will cave in, crack, snap.

SEARCH is a frendly button as is GOOGLE"

you seem to be telling me what to do? that don't ride trials remark kind of harsh don't you think? i don't see anyone other than you that has a problem with the way i posted this but still i apologize for being a dick? ok?!

ffs, hes trying to help you, the only reason he seems to know alot more about stuff, is because he has been around alot longer, so he probably knows what hes talking about (i hope). Just get some plaz pads (crms) just avoid getting any moisture on them.

edit: i didn't grind my rim for almost two years, and now that i have i've found my brake was much better with a smooth rim and crms. Then i ground it really harsh, the pads have worn quite alot, but the grind has stayed really sharp for over a month so don't worry about the rim.

i only think the pads wore so quick because they were bedded into a non-ground rim.

I know he knows what hes talking about but whats with the attitude i understand where he is coming from but why say it like that.

thanks for your help seems to be plazmatics are the choice at the moment.

It's a Sunday morning mate, most are in bed and so should i but my son was up and came and woke me up his daddy. No i don't think it's harsh. I've seen 300 easy new trials riders out on rides okay, they all want to be the best and have some skills which is cool. i'll help them out all i can with how to do stuff and hints and tips. it's the wya it happen and works. When they start dfoing stuff and start worrying about this and that then why do the sport. it;s hard, deamanding, painfull weather you like it or not and is costly, damging to you and your bike. Nothing will drop 7ft reapetedly and not die, bend, strech, fatige now. All i was sayign is if you don't want it to brake then don't bother ridding as it will fail, will get scracthed.

Give it time mate and other might come in and say there veiw...

Pete

It's a Sunday morning mate, most are in bed and so should i but my son was up and came and woke me up his daddy. No i don't think it's harsh. I've seen 300 easy new trials riders out on rides okay, they all want to be the best and have some skills which is cool. i'll help them out all i can with how to do stuff and hints and tips. it's the wya it happen and works. When they start dfoing stuff and start worrying about this and that then why do the sport. it;s hard, deamanding, painfull weather you like it or not and is costly, damging to you and your bike. Nothing will drop 7ft reapetedly and not die, bend, strech, fatige now. All i was sayign is if you don't want it to brake then don't bother ridding as it will fail, will get scracthed.

Give it time mate and other might come in and say there veiw...

Pete

Ok when did i say i wanted to be the best, and i drop 7 foot repeatedly? i do the sport because i like it not to be the best.... all i'm asking is a bit of imformation on brake pads... there is no need to have a go at me like you have i've had over 2 years of my bike braking i know what its about i've been riding nearly 2 and a half years now and maybe a year of that is the time spent off riding because of broken parts i'm not exactly the newst trials rider but still... all i asked is what pads to get i'm sure ill go with plaz pads now as they seem to be the most popular just end this now i cant be f**ked to argue with you any more to be honest.

Hmmmmmm allot of moaning going on in here and not much trials talk so why don't u ladies shut up and either help the guy out with his pads or not sign the post!

As for me i vote the plaz pads on ground rim there awsome and on dead grind with a little bit of tar they are great to they not as good in the wet but hey who rides in poring down of rain anyway :P

well hope i helped and stop the bitching :ermm:

Edited by 1-modd-1

screw what i said up there ^^^ get the new heatsink pads, the new red compound with the aluminium backing. meant to be superior to all pads.

How much are they with the backings? and should i run them on a my dead grind as it is or regrind?

cheers, nick

Edited by koxx1

Hey

My opinion is run Coust material. Awesome stuff. Had mine about a week, maybe longer but the hold is incredible, like no other. I'm running them on a light but sharp grind and they are working fantastic. Also I know it's not about the sound but they are loud and sound sweet. :P