New Found Skill

mike

Hey chaps, i've recently had a lot of spare time on my hands with the poor weather and my Dodgey wrist, so last thursday i was pissing about in my kitchin looking for something to eat and there was absolutley jack all in appart from like pasta and herbs (and you can't eat more than a tablespoon of most herbs without throwing up) but in my fridge was a Stif-Fry, so i read the instructions and cooked it, it went really well, and i was really pleased with myself, and since then i've cooked most of my meals myself, i've had to ask my mother what to do but i think i'm an ok chef, WATCH OUT JAMIE OLIVER!!!!

From now on, when i go out riding i'm going to cook something and put it in a lunchbox. Anyway, the whole point of this topic was to see if anyone else can cook? cos before last Thursday i thought i was like the majority of teenage boys, and couldn't cook a meal without setting the house onfire.

So can you cook? i'm on about proper cooking! not like a ready made pizza, like pastabake, and shizzle!

Mike!!!

yeah - cooking is fun .

maybe we need a recipes thread ...

chilli.

get mince, chillis, onion, tinned tomato, peppers and a spot of garlic . fry mince in oil till brown, chop everything else up, add onions to mince, wait a bit, throw the rest in with some salt n pepper , wait till it smells nice , eat.

refried beans (to go with chilli).

get baked beans, wash sauce off, add chilli powder, garlic, add other tasty mexican themed herby stuff, fry for a bit, mash them up, fry for a bit more, eat.

rice (to go with chilli and beans).

get rice, follow instructions on packet, ignore instructions, boil until soft, eat

generally speaking I'd go for groundnut oil or similar when cooking this sort of thing - olive oil tends to be a bit on the heavy side.

hmmm, too lazy to think of more now..

Hey chaps, i've recently had a lot of spare time on my hands with the poor weather and my Dodgey wrist, so last thursday i was pissing about in my kitchin looking for something to eat and there was absolutley jack all in appart from like pasta and herbs (and you can't eat more than a tablespoon of most herbs without throwing up) but in my fridge was a Stif-Fry, so i read the instructions and cooked it, it went really well, and i was really pleased with myself, and since then i've cooked most of my meals myself, i've had to ask my mother what to do but i think i'm an ok chef, WATCH OUT JAMIE OLIVER!!!!

From now on, when i go out riding i'm going to cook something and put it in a lunchbox. Anyway, the whole point of this topic was to see if anyone else can cook? cos before last Thursday i thought i was like the majority of teenage boys, and couldn't cook a meal without setting the house onfire.

So can you cook? i'm on about proper cooking! not like a ready made pizza, like pastabake, and shizzle!

Mike!!!

I'm 14, i can cook most general thing there is out there, IE a cake, pasta, pizza, eggs etc. Thing is i can never be arsed.

I believe most teenage lads can cook, its just they can't be arsed :rolleyes:

I'm 14, i can cook most general thing there is out there, IE a cake, pasta, pizza, eggs etc. Thing is i can never be arsed.

I believe most teenage lads can cook, its just they can't be arsed :rolleyes:

Dead on. I can cook a luuurvely spag bol and I don't even get food poisoning :o , the trick is to cook the meat until it is grey not red :- .

2 words....Fried Mushrooms.

Its the way forward I tell thee. Cut up some proper fat slices of them, fry them in oil until soft and brown, add to ANYTHING. They're the new chips!

I'm a dark horse in the kitchen, I love cooking and always cook mine and my girlfriends meals, so heres a speciality of mine...

Tesco!

-------

Go to fish counter, ask ugly woman for Salmon Fillets.

Get;

Mushrooms and salad stuff.

Go home!

I Have a steamer, if you dont have one, make one!

Before steaming add a bit of vinegar to the water in the steamer, therefore when it is cooked it'll have a pickled taste...but thats a personal thing.

Fry mushrooms as before, cut up salad.

Put it all on a plate, LIGHTLY sprinkle salmon with mixed herbs...and EAT!

I think a recepies thread would probably get abused. but i'm supprised at how many of you can actually cook, i though i was good for cooking pasta bake, but i can't do any or the things where you mix eggs flour sugar herbs etc... but i can make practical food, like the meals that you can eat everyday. (pasta bake stir-fry's, fried food, etc)

Mike!!!

I don't know if Poopipe is being sarcastic or not because im sure I have seen one somewhere.

there is ? I should use the search really.

I was being almost serious. you couldn't tell from the quality of my recipes?

speaking of which...

spinach and feta stuffed mushrooms...

Get big open capped mushrooms, some spinach and some feta (not that fake tesco crap thats made of cow milk either - get some proper greek stuff),

Cut stalks off mushrooms chop up and put to the side somewhere,

Get big flat pan, put some water in, add about the same amount of martini as you did water (you can use white wine but its not as good) ,

put mushroom caps in wine and cook till most of the liquid goes away or they smell nice(whichever comes first) - top up with martini if it looks like itll boil dry defore theyre done.

Take mushroom caps out of pan and put to the side,

Throw chopped mushrooms and spinach (& some salt n pepper n stuff) into the pan - adding more martini and water boil until spinach is done.

Put the mushroom caps on a baking tray, fill them with the spinach/mushroom mixture and stuff some bits of feta in.

Bake in oven till they look done - fairly hot, shouldn't take very long.

-- is this getting old yet ?