Pads

bhups

I am currently running Zoo! pads on a light grind and they work amazingly well. If the weather is dry I use a bit of tar on them as well and they just lock streight away as soon as I pull the lever and very rarely slip when gaping or anything really. They have also got very good wet preformance, not as good as Koxx browns on a harsh grind but they still work quite well (much better than Plazmatics :P ). They have been on my bike for a good few months now and are still going strong.

I strongly advise them.

dont hear much of rimjam anymore?

I think with all the problems they had with the white backings, there going back to the drawing board...

Click Me

Here have a look...

Also ive had anumber of pad types.. To name afew: Koxx Browns, Koxx Reds, Plazmatic CRM, Rimjam Red and Blue, KoolStops, Magura Blacks, Zoo!

Ide Say ZOO! are the best in Dry weather as you will need them on a smooth rim! Grinds = Dead ZOO!

Koxx Browns are the best in Dry and wet weather on a heafty grind... Downside there SUPER hard and you have to keep grinding the rim...

Plazmatic CRM... I know LOADS of people recomend them but ive hated every set ive had! Ive had 3 sets and i ended up everytime swapping with a friend! They just slipped so much on a grind and smooth! They just didnt hold on the edge of a wall or anything! You had to be really accurate to get the to work well... And you also had to make it quite comfertably!

And i know everyone say's Heatsink Blues! I havent had them myself but friends have... They seemed very 'On/Off' to me... Not my cup of tea as i wont my break to always be there not 50% of the time...

So my verdict is,

Smooth = ZOO!

Grind = Koxx Browns!

Hope this helps...

Craig....

Edited by Echo_Scotty

when you say, "I use my pads with tar, and my brake works great" ofcourse your brake is going to work regardless of pads, i once ran koolstops with tar they held better than cousts/heatsinks/koxx and so on, so i think its pointless posting a comment about your pads if you use them in conjuction with tar.

sorry for any offence :)

oh yeah. my favourite pads so far are cousts on cnc backing. best brake ive ever had!

Edited by Kiss

when you say, "I use my pads with tar, and my brake works great" ofcourse your brake is going to work regardless of pads, i once ran koolstops with tar they held better than cousts/heatsinks/koxx and so on, so i think its pointless posting a comment about your pads if you use them in conjuction with tar.

sorry for any offence :)

oh yeah. my favourite pads so far are cousts on cnc backing. best brake ive ever had!

i was saying i used tar as another person was saying the backings were ripping of, i was mearly telling them that i used tar and a grind and i had no problem, sorry but just wanted to explain. but back to the topic and no u didnt offend :)

well i used

koolstops on a smooth rim with tar amazing

heatsink reds (old ones) on a dead grind with tar amazing but i snapped the backings

heatsink blues 2nd set on new grinds but yes the do seem to be on and off depending on the weather

mates pads

koxx browns worked well but the the rim got thinner every month

plaz and koxx brown do work in the wet and dry, ok if you got a mate to go halfs with you

zoo pads amzing on dry days on smooth rims but on a grind dead in to pedal hops

rim jam blues work great on a smooth rim with tar, or slight grind

hope this helps mate

can anyone reccomend the best pads for smooth ungrinded rims, with no tar used. (i will get a grind when i get new rims but thats not anytime soon i dont think)

clawz

Zoo or GU pads will be really nice. The GU's are very soft so will be very nice on a smooth rim, but I havn't hard good thigs about them. Zoo pads will last you longer but still have a pretty poor wear rate (5-6 months) I am using them now and I think I will always use them.

• 4 weeks later...