Stem Angles + Lengths

nafan

I ride a zoo pitbull 05 and I currently have a totally gay stem - promax B) which is about 40 deg and 80mm long...

I need to know really what will help me on my back wheel, but mostly help me to pedal up stuff...

I also run non bulge bars so I really need one which isnt bulge and is quite cheap...

I thought maybe something like an fsa xc170, but would this help?

Cheers in advance lads,

Nathan :)(Y)

Edited by nafan

I ride a zoo pitbull 05 and I currently have a totally gay stem - promax B) which is about 40 deg and 80mm long...

I need to know really what will help me on my back wheel, but mostly help me to pedal up stuff...

I also run non bulge bars so I really need one which isnt bulge and is quite cheap...

I thought maybe something like an fsa xc170, but would this help?

Cheers in advance lads,

check out my zoo pitbull,

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/?op=viewℑ=701134

i used to run the zoo stem but i found the long frame hard to ride, so i got the echo hifi stem from tartybikes with it i could instantly bunnyhop about a foot higher and had loads of control on the back wheel

true you need oversized bars but its a good example of the geometry i would recommend, have a look at the planet x beam me up stem - very similar

Ok cheers then lads, thinking of maybe getting either an fsa xc170 or the toxsin stem...

Or I might stay with a higher rise one and get one with simalar geometry to the echo hifi low rise 06... (About 20-30 deg. and about 100mm long)

Cheers again lads,

Best regards,