Echo Control Reviews

Ash-Kennard

i've heard alot of good things about this frame, but no bad ones, so i'm wondering are there any bad points to it? i'm looking at getting one, but i'm really not sure on the length I should get as im only 5.8ft (only 14 though so should grow to 5.11ft ish) the 1060 one would probably be better for the moment but i was riding a 1080 one at the weekend and that feels better, so i'm kind of stuck, can anyone please advise on which one they feel would be best.

also what length forks would be best. Short control forks (400mm) or echo urbans (415mm i think)

EDIT: btw i have tried both, and am still stuck. so I just want your veiws on whats the best options

Edited by ash-kennard

I am about 5, 10 and have had both long and short virsions.

I MUCH prefered the short one, just seemed to fit better.

Bad points?....hmm....not many......I did find the back end too stiff, kinda feels a bit dull at times, theres nothing like a nice sprigy frame. I also found the built in boster to be too stiff, my maggie didnt have any flex and it hurt my finger and made my arm pump worse.

Other than that, its one of the best frames out.

I'm about 5.9/10 ft and I've got the 1085 verison of the control. I find it an excellent length although I haven't tried the shorter version. I cannot really fault the frame really, it seems to be extremely good. I also find that the built in booster works extremely well.

Its also good value as well.

Overall its an excellent frame (Y)

Ali

i have the 1080 version and did run urbans but now using pures and think they work better and look nicer, im 5'11'' and have a 110mm stem with 10* rise and fits me pretty well, def cant complain i have th eone without a booster and had to put a heatsink one on to gfet the brake to stick, other than that. its tops, see below

IPB Image

I wanted the short controll after my exchange from a Saracen it wasnt available in stock so got the longer one because i just needed to be out riding. it feels great i love it, i think its the best stock bike i have riddern, it feels easy on the back wheel and agressive when doing wheelie hops. i dont find the stiff rear end a problem i am running a booster and like the solid feel, i cant seem to post up pictures because its file is too big reduced it and it comes out stupidly small sorry. but i would say go for it with a new front brake and rear tyre i think i will have a near perfect set up for me.

my old saracen stem runs supprisingly sexual on the controll frame feels just right aand im loving it loads think its the best ever. i dont think getting to long version has effected me too badly and personally i thought i hated long bikes but this one hits the nail on the head!!! hope i helped!!!

nice bike there matey, but do you know whether the fsa platinum bb will fit, as i have one at the moment, and i can't be arsed to get another.

all it says on it is:

68mm

bc1 37"x 24t

and i really don't understand what it means, but does it fit in the control frames?