20in New Frame

bite me

well i broke my koxx levelboss long frame just latley and decided to get a new 1 by selling my t-rex and as u probably know it was stolen so no luck there and i have just found a rather cheap t-comp 04 frame only and it will probably go for about 80 quid or less and my aim was 2 sell my t rex and buy a gu 20in long frame as i really like it and know it quite well but its 280 delivered thu 1 of my mates but this t comp has got me thinking wich 1 to get and now i found my insurance didnt cover my t rex as we had just changed it and now it doesnt cover bikes so im kinda skint although i could fork out and afford the gu i dont know if its worth all that extra money

any advice or preferences would be welcome

i can give the spec of my koxx to make sure it all fits and if this is necessary please reply and i will be happy to put them up

cheers

adam :rolleyes:

well i broke my koxx levelboss long frame just latley and decided to get a new 1 by selling my t-rex and as u probably know it was stolen so no luck there and i have just found a rather cheap t-comp 04 frame only and it will probably go for about 80 quid or less and my aim was 2 sell my t rex and buy a gu 20in long frame as i really like it and know it quite well but its 280 delivered thu 1 of my mates but this t comp has got me thinking wich 1 to get and now i found my insurance didnt cover my t rex as we had just changed it and now it doesnt cover bikes so im kinda skint although i could fork out and afford the gu i dont know if its worth all that extra money

any advice or preferences would be welcome

i can give the spec of my koxx to make sure it all fits and if this is necessary please reply and i will be happy to put them up

cheers

adam :rolleyes:

I bought the last of the zona first shipment and haven't looked back. almost the same geometry as the zoo and their now only £150 spot on!

just be a bit careful of the brake mounts, mine aren't true and makes it a bitch to set up.

speaking of witch i popped my line about 15 mints ago lifes not fair!

I would go for the GU as they are good frames and evrything on your koxx sould fit. I dont know about the t-comp as i havent heard much about them but I do know you will need a new headset. There is also the option of the zona zip which if is anything like the zoo it will be amazing and nothing new will be needed.

Edited by Sir-GU-Murphy

thanks 4 the comments guys the thing is im a bit skint and i can buy the t comp in about 3 days or wail a couple of months and get the gu i really like and want the gu but i dont know cos its a while 2 wait i could have got the zona but im not sure i found my koxx REALLY front heavy and i was goin to get echo easy disk only forks 2 even it out but i dunno we will c how these forks are on the new bike i dunno so far i think i will go for the gu as i prefer it anyway but just means riding my koxx really lightly and carfully until i can afford the gu cos i cant not ride its not possible and this HUGE ride in soton next weekend well i just hope i dont damage any of my components cos i cant afford another profile lol

cheers guy keep the coments coming

(Y)

To be honest with you, I really didn't like the T-Comp frame at all. I've seen some of the Spanish guys who ride for Onza ride the T-Master which shares the same geometry but weighs a little more, and they've ridden them pretty well so I guess they've got potential - it's just that they felt like shit to me when I had a go. Like an X-Lite, only a bit weirder, and I'm not mad-keen on X-Lites.

The GU and the Zip have fairly similar geometry though; the Zip's just got a slightly longer front end (by 10mm or so). Chainstay length and BB rise is nearly identical though ;) So yeah, think of it as a less-pretty (if you dig the GU's looks), cheaper version :)

thanks man, im deffinatley swaying toward the gu cos i LOVE the look of it, dan ko my mate had a prototype viz frame and it was the same thing basically and it looks SO DAMN GOOD so i think ill save a bit and just ride well smooth on my koxx i think it would be good 4 me 2 smooth everything out and remove the kinks from my riding and not try anything new or big until i get my new frame

cheers

keep the comments coming

!!!!

:D

The T-Comp is really 'snappy happy' as it's really light, and it doesn't look too nice either, personally i'd wait for the new shipment of Zona's to come in, or i'm selling a mission :-

So get the zona mate, or perhaps another levelboss.

Mike!!!