Pads In A Hope Mono Trial

andypro1

get the pic out your sig dickface.

the brake is fine, its probably not the pads, more likley the rotor or caliper creaking. its just you are retarded.

edit: this is as usefull as it gets.

Thats was a bit uncalled for wasn't it :huh:

Anyway :ermm: I had the smae problem i just pulled the pads out cheeked everything over sanded the pads a little and bed it back in again. I've never had the problem since.

Its a sticky piston (Y) Take the pads out and take the top off the master cylinder and pull the lever a few times to move the pistons in. dip your finger in some brake fluid and smear it round the pistons (this acts as a lubricant for them). Next work the pistons by 'tickling' the lever and when they get fairly far in push them back with a screwdriver again. keep repeating the process before cleaning all excess fluid off and replacing the pads and top cap. Make sure you dont let the pistons come too far in as they will pop out and you will loose all your fluid and have to rebleed.

Most of this imfo on this thread is bollocks!

Is the clicking when you pull the lever its one loud click?

My mates done this, he just took the pads out, then replaced them carefully, and stopped clicking.

I think the pads were slightly catching on summit, and then when he replaced the pads, they wernt catching :)

If your brakes working fine, and its just clicking, just leave it?

cya tommorow andy (Y)

Most of this imfo on this thread is bollocks!

Is the clicking when you pull the lever its one loud click?

My mates done this, he just took the pads out, then replaced them carefully, and stopped clicking.

I think the pads were slightly catching on summit, and then when he replaced the pads, they wernt catching :)

If your brakes working fine, and its just clicking, just leave it?

cya tommorow andy (Y)

cheers rob seeya tomoz (Y)

i have a hope mono trial and the pads in it keep klicking just asking if anyone knows how to stop

i had this problem on my motor bike were the pad used to shake through the vibration of the bike and i think it should be kind of like the same for and push bike brake. what i had to do was to take the pads out and rub a thin film of copper grease over the back of the pads (do not get any on the front because you won't stop!!) and why your pad are out give the pad a quick going over with some 120 grit sand paper the put your pads in the caliper again and that should of sorted the clicking out

get the pic out your sig dickface.

the brake is fine, its probably not the pads, more likley the rotor or caliper creaking. its just you are retarded.

edit: this is as usefull as it gets.

who you calling dickface you dont know him and it is his pads making noise

Edited by stevecoust