Quick Vid

Adrian

thats a sidehop, fairly easy at that height, that guy does his the wrong way round (in theory anyway)the drive side should be furthest away from the wall

it doesn't matter which side is closest to the wall, it's the way you ride, (if you jump to the left or to the right), it's the same with feet, you find which way feels best for you.

Mike!!!

doesn't matter which wa you sidehop... I kick with my left foot and sidehop to the left mostly but I can sidehop to both sides (45 inch to me left and 41 to my right) I feel alot more compfy going to the same side as my kicking foot and it doesn't ever get in the way :)

by the way, nice sidehop mate looks like you did it fairly easy so you could more than likely get bigger pretty easily

At-f**king-last, people are starting to realise that going to your opposite foot isn't the only way to sidehop... I always prefer going to my good-foot side, so why not, really? You can tuck down either way, and besides, when you look at people like Benito Ros and Vincent Hermance and Giaco Coustellier, there's not the ridiculously exagerrated tucking anyway, so it's not much of a problem ('cept it won't look cool to the majority of the UK scene :rolleyes:)...

At-f**king-last, people are starting to realise that going to your opposite foot isn't the only way to sidehop... I always prefer going to my good-foot side, so why not, really? You can tuck down either way, and besides, when you look at people like Benito Ros and Vincent Hermance and Giaco Coustellier, there's not the ridiculously exagerrated tucking anyway, so it's not much of a problem ('cept it won't look cool to the majority of the UK scene :rolleyes:)...

I agree completely with what you just said, I feel more comfortable sidehopping to my left up walls and Im left foot forward. Its strange though as I can sidehop higher over stuff to my right but when I go to my right up something I feel like Im going to fall off every time, I just cant get comfortable with it. When I do get the confidence to actually go to the right on a decent sized sidehop I bail out and break a mech hanger-not fun at all. It just doesnt feel right at all. I agree with what you said, a lot of people in the UK over exaggerate their tucks a lot, they go to front wheel and still tuck on relatively small walls. I can sidehop over a rope/bar/whatever about bar height, and I dont tuck to the side (watch my vids) so you dont necessarily need to tuck to get the height on a sidehop.

Edited by scunnytrials