G-turns

Hiltop

right basically i can switzerland squeeker, i want to take it too the next step and use my momentum instead of pulling back with you feet. but i just can't seem to keep the momentum and the balance at the same time. i manage the 180 and then role back about 50 cm before either dropping the rear wheel or the rear end spinning out.

basically i want to know what sort of speed you approach it at, whether you use your front brake, how you position your body, and finally any techniques for rolling back straighter rather than curving like i seem to.

cheers for any advice

u need to have total confidence in ur self, and juts commit, u get to a point where u cant really fall of the front as ur bike should be sideways, and you use those little nobbles on your tyre on the side

those are proper g turns, Ian thornton is the best ive ever seen, he does sum f**king mean as g turns.

Such a complex move , as my screen name suggests I'm very fond of front wheel moves , but this has long eluded my sense of balance . I seem to remember Tim Pratt's section in Trial Media 1 involving a lot of G-turn related absurdity , useful to watch and see the body posture / balance point . Good luck with the move , sooo sweet when mastered .

basically approach at about walking speed, I then arc to the right then sharpley turn left and do a really snappy 180 endo to the right, the key here is getting your weight really far over the front and having the confidence to release the brake. I learnt them on the flat and it took me months to get them everytime.

go out and practice, and look on bmx flatland sites for better tuition.

:turned: My mate can do them ok they look cool but i unfortunately don't know how he does them.

Stef? yea but hes just plain special he can do burnouts as well on his bike :huh:

i THINK he does it but releasing the front brake to mentain his momentum forwards and to over balence during the spin. All i got from watching him doing it mind