Opinions Of Gearing For Natural

deadly venom

I did a search to find some information on gearing and I found a lot of topics and learned a lot about what gearing ratios people were using. But what I could not figure out was what type of riding they were doing. The people that posted said that 22/18 was a good gear and some said that 20/17 and a variety of others were great gears. But, are these good for natural, street or both? Now, I am looking to use a set Middleburns with an ENO trials freewheel on the rear, would 22/18 be best gear for natural? Or would 20/18 be better?

A second question I have is about the Viz Logic handlebar. I did a search and found some information on Viz handlebars but the information was only on the regular Viz Alloy bar. Is the Viz Logic bar a good trust worthy handle bar? Is it prone to breakage? I read some mixed reviews about Viz components but there was so much joking around it was hard to tell if people were serious or not. I have the same question about the new Viz 26" stock forks. Is it a good solid fork? I did find some information on the Viz fork but it was for the 20" mod version.

Ride on,

Deadly Venom

Edited by deadly venom

Theoretically......

You could argue that you want a lower than normal gear, cos you're not really going to get much of a run up wherver you are. Having said that, you don't want a gear that is so low you wont make that all important gap over a nasty spikey shaped rock >_<

I would say stick with a normal ration to be honest. If you find that too stiff however, take it down a notch (Y)

Thanks for info folks! I was not sure which gear ratio was for natural. What about the Viz logic bar, have any of you tried it?

derf,

The reason why I am looking at using the ENO on the rear is because of the price of the Chris King hub. The Chris King hub is almost $400 here in the U.S. And besides, from what I have read riders only use one gear anyway even if their using a six gear cassette.

Ride on,

Deadly Venom