Best Way To Post A Full Build Mod?

DJTiredboy

I've recently sold a full build T-Pro on eBay and was after some help with posting. I'm gonna send it by 48 hour Parcelforce (?) but was wondering the best way to package the bike. I'm thinking it'd be best to remove the wheels, wrap with bubblewrap and try to find a box that it will all fit in.

If anyone out there has ever sent a full build mod could you please give me some ideas on the best way to send it as I really don't want the bike to get damaged. Also where's the best place to get a decent sized box to put the darn thing in?

Cheers all!

Mark

Thats the better choice but, if you to cheap and lazy like me, just take pedals off, and take bars out and cable tie it to stem, tie pedals to crank arms, so no bits sticking out, and then get any boxes, cut them up and, cover bike in the card and stick it all together with duck tape, works a treat, thats my top EBAY tip. lol.

Cheers

Wilky

Thanks for your tips everyone!

I'm debating whether to go for the cheap, cover in card option or the 'proper' boxing up jobbie now!

God I'm so bloody indecisive!

Anyone know how much for a train ticket from Bristol to Lancashire? ;)

You must know the feeling of not wanting to cause yourself more hassle by the bleeding thing getting damaged in transit though innit! :unsure:

You must know the feeling of not wanting to cause yourself more hassle by the bleeding thing getting damaged in transit though innit! :unsure:

I THINK if this happens you can claim any damages back off the courier (but that may just being DARN picky, just send it off, a T-poo couldnt have cost him THAT much for you to have to personally deliver it??

ok heres the real way, as this is how we get mods and send them out where i used too work :)

undo the stem and eep it atteched too the bars

take of the pedals

take out the front wheel and put the left hand cran arm through the wheel (too keep tight in transit and save space)

hten make sure u get some industrial plumming foam (im sure u know the grey stuff) and cellotape this too the bottom of the forks so if/when dropped it doesnt f**k them up (N).

then go too your local bke shop pref in a car and ask for an old box or even a new box for them too save when they bring a bike over so u can put it straight in.

then put the bike in and the bars and stem too one side. the peddle cellotape together then put them in the box wedged in! so they dont scratch the frame if you dont have any buble wrap (please DONT use) or cardboard (Y) .

good luck mate and hope it doesnt get damamged