Ashton Or Echo Control 1065

bristol_base

Well - i got mine today ( an ashton - as cane be seen here http://www.joemaher.co.uk/ashton.jpg )

And id say its its a mix of the two, you can do the whole inch cherishing thing if you want...it doesnt hold you back, but you also have uber fun in diffrent ways.

Ive only had a play on mine for about 10 mins...but f**k it was fun, tapping sidehopping all the same as the czar...yet more fun at the same time. Im not the tallest or biggest built so maybe thats why it suits me and my style, but i can only sing praises.

I think the ashton holds a great future for me :lol:

spose so,

Haha wayne you no koxx such ASHTON FOR the W1N

If only they made 24" dam them im so desperate for one.

You do realise that with the mod frame, well the one i have, you can fit 24" wheels in, i might get some soo, just need adapters for 20"-24" vee adapters or a rear disc adapter and then you have a beasty ashton justice 24"!!!! maybe soon, whatch this space :P

You do realise that with the mod frame, well the one i have, you can fit 24" wheels in, i might get some soo, just need adapters for 20"-24" vee adapters or a rear disc adapter and then you have a beasty ashton justice 24"!!!! maybe soon, whatch this space :P

thats the silliest thing i've ever heard. you silly sausage.

Have I missed something, or is the ashton not exactly the same geo as the 04 control??? :huh:

you've clearly missed something :P

ashton has a much steeper head angle than the 04 control, controls were 1065 or 1085, the ashton comes in at 1055, and i THINK the 04 control had 385 stays, as id certainly didnt have a CNC'd yoke, it had the koxx/pure style twin plates

Im going by tartys geo which says ashton 1060, 380 chainstays and 72 headangle.

EDIT: from ashtonbikes.com

Spec:

Chainstay length: 380mm (Centre B/B to rear axle)

Wheelbase: 1065mm

Bottom Bracket height: 20mm Rise

Head tube angle: 72 degrees

Colour: Red

Edited by JIX

Nah, they're all wrong. Mine (which I've had for about 7 months... looking at this thread you'd think they came out last week...) measures wheelbase at 1052mm, with Ashton fork and Hope headset. Porters measures 1055. BB rise is near enough 20mm, but the head angle is 73 I'm sure. Think chainstays are 380mm. Don't know why Ashton says 1065 - he said 1035 for the old one, and mine measured 1018mm...

Ahhh, I knew it would happen one day - the looooong silver bubble would pop and every one will rush to get a shorter frame again...Long live short bikes :D

My wheelbase ranges from 1035 to 1050 ish, depending on weather I've been hooking or tapping.... :lol:

Andy P

• 2 weeks later...

It's always going to be a matter of opinion. Mine, for me, rides excellent on rocks, but I look at Porter's and think, shit, I could never ride with that bar setup... It's as much about components as it is frame. But all round, the Justice is a good fun bike to have. It's not too short, but it's long enough to be good enough for World class competitions. Just look at what Ali C and Porter are doing on theres, not to mention Ashton himself and Gav Bedford... The proof is in the pudding!!!

a completely pointless post, which will almost certainly bring NOTHING to the thread....

but i have to say, get the ashton! you really HAVE to dan!

ive had my first proper ride on mine today.... and im making stuff ive never been able to on my rex or the hifi, it just feels right, length wise, the reach is as long as a T-rex, yet its a 1050 wheelbase! its just PERFECT. i love it to bits!