Rear 20" Rim

onzatprodude

Hi,

Could you help me in looking for a rear 20" rim. It will have to be really strong, pretty much 'bombproof' because i am wanting it to last as i havnt got a job and cant keep spending money. On the rear i will also be getting a 2.7 tyre and im guessing that will be quite heavy so try and make the rim you are suggesting light. It will also have to be 32h.

Lets see what you come up with (Y)

Thanks fergie

Edited by onzatprodude

Monty or Echo rim!

WHAT!! Monty rims are you serious!!??

There the biggest waste of money and the biggest peice of cheese ever!!

Jump up a cerb and get a dent!! Drop off a 3foot wall and get a flat spot!! Wank rims!

I have the Echo 06 Rims and they are holding well, I have no problems at all with mine.. Hold grinds well and i havent buckeled or flat spoted them yet.

Also the look the dogs saggy balls (Y)

Get them! Best rims ever!!

Craig...!!

Edited by Echo_Scotty

Jump up a cerb and get a dent!! Drop off a 3foot wall and get a flat spot!! Wank rims!

I have the Echo 06 Rims and they are holding well, I have no problems at all with mine.. Hold grinds well and i havent buckeled or flat spoted them yet.

Craig...!!

I've squised a monty rim but still it isn't that bad, but you've right the Echo rim 06 is a much better rim! But, after all if I had a mod bike I would buy a stock and then the new Echo Rims! hihi! just take a look at my personal pic. there's the 05 Zoo(MY BIKE) With the new Echo rim's I'm in love :$

Cheers

05 Echo chequered rims!! you can buy the front and back rims for £38!! from selectbikes, thats £1 than 1 try all rim!!! they look nice, cheap and are strong, what more could you want :D

are these rims black with the square in? if so thats my most recent rear rim wasnt to keen on it as it was to thin and didnt get to use all of the pads up and had to keep adding pad material to other pads to make it larger. thanks for your help

any other suggestions (Y)

cheers fergie

Craig...!!

I heard echo 06 rims couldnt be grinded

ok thanks i didnt know that i will be needing a grind so if you are unable to grind them rims i will have to look for something else

fergie

You can grind them.Here is the tartybikes description.

- Trials-specific rims from Echo.

- Super wide 47mm wide rim offering un-paralleled anti-roll performance, even at the lowest of pressures.

- 24mm holes to shed vast amounts of weight.

- High grade aluminium alloy construction for maximum grind life and dent resistance.

- Double wall construction for increased strength and stiffness.

- Also features double thickness sidewalls! These help prevent dents, and provide extra rim life since the rim can be ground many more times!

- Cleverly placed internal walls (see picture), situated closer to the spoke bed than other rims, help support the spokes better, for a stiffer and stronger wheelbuild.

- Un-eyeletted to save around 50g of weight per rim!

- Anodised finish (including the braking surface) works great out of the box, but can be ground away should you wish.

- Colours: Black, Silver, Red, Blue, Green and Gold!

- Available in 32h only.

- Weight: 476g

Edited by Deonn h

Craig...!!

A monty rim only becomes weak if you start grining it.

hoped this helped. (Y)

I was thinking about the echo 06 rim but i think them holes will make it weak has any one had them and what are your opinions on them.

cheers fergie

hi this might help you but might not. i have the 26" try-all rim but 2005 model rim i know its a lot bigger but the smaller ones are even stronger and i have been heavy when landing off walls but nothing has happened to it so i would say go for a tri-all rim.

hope this helped nick

just to confuse matters...

why not get a hog?

they come in 32 hole , they're wide (47mm), i haven't dented mine yet, they have eyeletted spokeholes so they aren't shit weak - and they're only £30 from tarty.

no hog shaped drillings on the 32hole versions though - you'd have to settle for round ones :(

thanks for your replys people (Y)

i was hoping for my rim to be red or blue so i dont think the hog will be any good for me but thanks.

hoping someone will reply about the viz rims or its going to have to be a echo or try all.

cheers fergie

Viz rims features eyelets and available in 32 and 36H and comes in 46mm, 42mm and 8 different colours.

The new rims feature smaller drilling, meaning a lot more strength and the eyelets also prevent the spokes from ripping out the rim from heavy impacts. After using a set on stock and mod for about 8months now, they're still going strong today:) These rims will definatly out last most rims out on the market now.

^_^

Edited by trialsuk

Viz rims features eyelets and available in 32 and 36H and comes in 46mm, 42mm and 8 different colours.

The new rims feature smaller drilling, meaning a lot more strength and the eyelets also prevent the spokes from ripping out the rim from heavy impacts. After using a set on stock and mod for about 8months now, they're still going strong today:) These rims will definatly out last most rims out on the market now.

^_^

thanks mate thats a real help i think ill go for the viz to be a bit unique as i havnt seen many people with them thanks everyone for your help (Y)

cheers fergie