Bmx's

richminiturbo

Hey, im thinking of buying a BMX :) I know its a trials forum but there seems like loads of sorts of riding is covered so thought id make an account!

Im completely new to bmx's having only ridden 2 or 3 in my life but want to get more into it as im bored haha!

I want to ride mostly street and maybe a bit of dirt, whats a good brand/make bike to go for?

Any help would be awsome, Rich >_<

2 words for you... Trials Forum (Y)

We know nowt about BMX's :ermm: unless some people do :ermm:

Try speaking to "bongo" hes awesome on a BMX (Y)

I'm pretty sure you've put that at the start of every post when someone mentions any other discipline, and you're wrong again ;)

There's the BMX questions thread in the FAQ - may have some answers for you relating to other q's.

Basically, the WeThePeople complete bikes are pretty awesome value for money. If you can push your budget to £300-400 (nearer £400 preferably), you can get a pretty mint complete. If you go to www.winstanleysbmx.com or www.alansbmx.com, you'll find some decent WTP full bikes on there.

Go for it though, BMXing f**king owns. Had such a nice ride today, and I didn't even have to find my Xen, spin into town for 10 mins to get to the nearest riding spot, do the same shit as every other time I ride my trials bike, then spin home for 10 mins ;) Nah, BMXing just opens your eyes to different lines and stuff, plus you build up more strength in your arms and legs from doing it, which in turn means you can heft your trials bike round more. All good (Y) Awesome for getting around on too.

and to add to that, it builds balance and co-ordination, and im sorry but no matter how much u wreak the benches and other objects, nothing beats grinding!! it leaves a huuuuggggeee smile on your face! And its just fun! Doctor gave me a warning though, it gives you backache, but just ride through it and it goes away!! I spent £1500 on a custom build lol:p

dude that is one hell of a video there! seriously! some crazy fast 180's n 360's! im more into the slow, stall, grind and 180 out! u lucky git living in that place theres so much to ride, i have just a little bit:( buy a helmet, or another 5!:P mad hed! Fit bike co. are slightly better in the top end than WTP though! Keep the pegs, ditch any giro!! they gay:P and mayb the front brake, thats what trainers were designed for:p o and NICE curved wallride!! tis mad!

Edited by !aNT!

Haha, that's not me in the video :) That's Steven Hamilton, who rides for Federal, Animal, etc. Such an amazing rider... I just find stuff like that more fun. Just smooth, flowing stuff instead of grinds, pretty much. Liam Earnshaw's another good rider to watch for that sorta stuff :)

Buy Voices now from www.pijin.co.uk, www.nsfbikestore.com, etc. :P

http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/index.html?6...EUeDiqUdNijYQ==

Just found that bad boy, looks pretty good and not a bad price rlly! What do you guys think?

Gay the link doesnt take you to the bike, but if you go BMX > Fit > 3rd one down on the left. Fit Pro Bike 2005

Edited by richminiturbo

This is how myns built, almost every detail, cept the white tape on the brake line!

PART MAKE PRICE

frame Fit Bike Co S3 Aitken £325

fork Fit bike co. Flow series forks £90

headset Chris King Titanium £160

crankset Profile DJ Chromoly Titanium Spindle £190

chain ring 25t RNC ti lite Sprocket £71

Pedals Fly bikes Ruben £75

Chain Shadow conspiracy interlock V2 Chain £25

Stunt Pegs We the people Toxic Pegs £20

handlebars Fit Flow Series Bars £50

stem Fly Bikes Mosca Stem £55

grips Primo Stricker Grips £7

brakes Revenge rear with wtp straight cable & avid lever £68

Front hub Odyssey Vandero 36h £45

Rear Hub Odyssey freecoaster hub 48h £125

Spokes Primo Forged Coloured Spokes £30

tyres Maxxis Hookworm £20

Rims Odyssey hazard lite rims f-36h r-48h £80

seat Fit series 2 lite seat £26

seatpost Fit alloy £27

seatclamp Fit bike co £6

Bar ends Fit bike co £14

total £1,509

Call me boring but its all in black and white!!

For the fitbike!

not bad, take off and burn the giro when you get it though! and buy a cable thats normal!!:P then it'll b fit as the name says, awesome price for it:P!!

Or the WTP Darkness if your willing to spend a bit more, is a bit better!!

Edited by !aNT!

Hi rich. As other people have said, this is a TRIALS forum but i do know a bit or two about bmx's. A decent bike(depending on how much you are willing to spend :blink: ) is probably the new- we the people-four seasons bmx which costs around £400. They is the cheaper option of maybe a mongoose menace or a haro mirra flair or something. As far as i know the mongoose costs about £160 and thew haro costs something along the lines of about £200 to £300 pounds. I hope this helped (Y)

Edited by trials_man

I'm pretty sure you've put that at the start of every post when someone mentions any other discipline, and you're wrong again ;)

There's the BMX questions thread in the FAQ - may have some answers for you relating to other q's.

Basically, the WeThePeople complete bikes are pretty awesome value for money. If you can push your budget to £300-400 (nearer £400 preferably), you can get a pretty mint complete. If you go to www.winstanleysbmx.com or www.alansbmx.com, you'll find some decent WTP full bikes on there.

Go for it though, BMXing f**king owns. Had such a nice ride today, and I didn't even have to find my Xen, spin into town for 10 mins to get to the nearest riding spot, do the same shit as every other time I ride my trials bike, then spin home for 10 mins ;) Nah, BMXing just opens your eyes to different lines and stuff, plus you build up more strength in your arms and legs from doing it, which in turn means you can heft your trials bike round more. All good (Y) Awesome for getting around on too.

deffinately go for a wethepeople m8 they r 5 pounds lighter than the fit bmxs of the same price. I've got a wethepeople addict aswell as my t-pro and the addict hasnt put a foot wrong. the only annoying thing about it is if you want 2 run a 25-9 gear ratio the chain rubs on the rear brake

This is how myns built, almost every detail, cept the white tape on the brake line!

PART MAKE PRICE

frame Fit Bike Co S3 Aitken £325

fork Fit bike co. Flow series forks £90

headset Chris King Titanium £160

crankset Profile DJ Chromoly Titanium Spindle £190

chain ring 25t RNC ti lite Sprocket £71

Pedals Fly bikes Ruben £75

Chain Shadow conspiracy interlock V2 Chain £25

Stunt Pegs We the people Toxic Pegs £20

handlebars Fit Flow Series Bars £50

stem Fly Bikes Mosca Stem £55

grips Primo Stricker Grips £7

brakes Revenge rear with wtp straight cable & avid lever £68

Front hub Odyssey Vandero 36h £45

Rear Hub Odyssey freecoaster hub 48h £125

Spokes Primo Forged Coloured Spokes £30

tyres Maxxis Hookworm £20

Rims Odyssey hazard lite rims f-36h r-48h £80

seat Fit series 2 lite seat £26

seatpost Fit alloy £27

seatclamp Fit bike co £6

Bar ends Fit bike co £14

total £1,509

Call me boring but its all in black and white!!

For the fitbike!

not bad, take off and burn the giro when you get it though! and buy a cable thats normal!!:P then it'll b fit as the name says, awesome price for it:P!!

Or the WTP Darkness if your willing to spend a bit more, is a bit better!!

Hahaha, Bullshit!

hi

I know you will want a decent bike but if your smart you could go to Tesco and buy there cheap version of a bmx it is "Cheap As Chips" at only £29.99 at the moment and buy new parts it is a good bike and rides well once you have taken off all the rubbish :-

I tried looking for a link but they dont have it on there website :angry: im sure if you have a look in one of there shops you should find it.