Better Brake Bleed?

kb_trialer

water because as it is thinner than oil it cant travel throught the hose quicker, giving a more better response but there has been a couple of nights where my brake has nearly frozen (N)

ive had my maggy bled for bout just under half a year now and its still good i will re bleed when i have time.

but yea in the summer water all the way and andy chai can bleed brakes with his mouth so its nice to know if your around him you can get your brake bled

cheers ric

maggies feel shat anyway no matter how good they're setup, can't beat the feeling of a light, well setup v brake, almost sexual.

Maggies are superior to vees, face it. If you bleed/set up a magura well, it will work much better than a vee. Even down to the way the power is transferred, less energy is wasted through fluid than through cables. You have felt my Magura, now thats sexual ;)

Maggies are superior to vees, face it. If you bleed/set up a magura well, it will work much better than a vee. Even down to the way the power is transferred, less energy is wasted through fluid than through cables. You have felt my Magura, now thats sexual ;)

goign to have to argue mate, im all for v-brakes they feel so much better than maggys, but then it is all down to the set-up of the v-brake.

but i dont like ur maggie ads lol much prefer your front brake though, if i had that on my rear which i shall do soon

try everything.............

then tell me which is the best.

I have tryed both and they just felt totally different surley its personal prefrence?

i say oil, but i prefer water its a love hate relationship

I'm with ^^^^, i hate vee's on the back, just wouldn't feel safe. I think it's personal preference, and what you are use to.

Edited by Punkrider

Water.... Cheap, easy, feels nicer, doesn't smell horrid, more abundant (its easier to get water mid ride for a broken hose than magura oil) faster lever response.

Oil doesn't freeze but if its that cold i wont be riding anyway! :blink: