My Bashframe

Andy Kay

Hi i was wodering if i should grind all this bash plate mount off and i was also wondering if i did this would it effect the frame strength? and also would my bash ring be strong enough? by the way my frame is a t-bird

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/757949/

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/757950/

i had the exact same thing happen on a mission prodigy (my first trials bike :wub: ) i continued to go up to bash on walls etc.... for a while and coincindentally it snaped on the chain stay not long after :ermm: coincidence..... i think not

as said above just buy a new bash :lol:

joshywa

i had the exact same thing happen on a mission prodigy (my first trials bike :wub: ) i continued to go up to bash on walls etc.... for a while and coincindentally it snaped on the chain stay not long after :ermm: coincidence..... i think not

as said above just buy a new bash :lol:

joshywa

Well i'm guessing you mean that you ground the bashplate mounts off so you were left running a bashring. If so, it will be a coincidence that your chainstay snapped as the weight isn't applied to the frame in any way when you got to bashring. The bashring is attached to your cranks, which are attahched to your bottom bracket. It is in fact the bottom bracket axle that takes the majority of the stress when landing to bashring not your chainstay, i reckon it died because it was a mission frame and they're weak. Gapping and drops will have killed your chainstay not going to bashring. :-