Koxx Yellows Or Heatsink Blues?

RandomHero

Thanks.

Whats the wear like on them?

I've had mine for about a month now.

I put a fresh grind on before i put them on, and still got quite a bit of padding left on them now.

Benny :)

Edited by BeNNy

the heatsink blues are extremely good for there money and hold well on a grind, but for ultimate braking power get the heatsink reds, better than the blues at holding and great modulation, but slightly less impressive wear rate than the blues

Koxx bloxx browns, amazing pads

Heatsink pads, amazing bite, crap in wet, and slip all the time in the dry (no hold)

Plazmatic pads, amazing in dry, shite in wet

Heatsink reds, amazing pads, not too bitey though (i love lots of bite and no modulation)

Koxx bloxx browns all the way (Y)

(never used the reds, so wouldnt know)

Hi there! :)

I have ridden heatsink blue's before and there were awsome, so i decided to buy another pair. When they arrived, I used them and they kept sticking to my rim and wouldnt release :blink: Was proberbly a bad batch in the production. Because they sempt to have glue or somethink in the pads att the time. Oh well...

I would say Koxx block, after my experience with heatsinks. Ive also heard they work well in the rain heatsinks.

Hope this helps (Y)

Cheers joe

:sleeping:

Heatsink blues are crap in the wet but good in bone dry conditions that the only time they work imo go for koxx browns they are good in all conditions and still hold as good in wet as they do in the dry.

rickyb

I have ridden heatsink blue's before and there were awsome, so i decided to buy another pair. When they arrived, I used them and they kept sticking to my rim and wouldnt release :blink: Was proberbly a bad batch in the production. Because they sempt to have glue or somethink in the pads att the time. Oh well...

I would say Koxx block, after my experience with heatsinks. Ive also heard they work well in the rain heatsinks.

Eh :ermm:

Probably get 2 sticky pistons on your maggy?

the pads WONT stick to your rim, unless your pistons are staying out, or you have shit loads of tar on your rim :S

ok ive had two sets of heat sink blues and 1 pair of heatsink reds (old ones) i admit in the wet they are not the best pad to have but i think heatsink are a great pad to have as there so cheap and they do hold with a grind,

but now im runnin zoo's on a grind and oh my god noise and grip but as 1 pad died very quickly i ran 1 heatsink blue and one zoo and its even better :)

but if you like ridin in the wet weather i would suggest koxx greens my mate has just bought them and they work better when they are soakin wet than they are in the dry (he put his hole rear wheel in a fountain to make his brake work better :S )

but if you dont mind buying a new rim every month then id get the koxx browns (concrete) :-

hope this helps ric

Yes ive tried both brake pads and they have been alright the koxx yellows are good on a good grind yet the heatsink blues just disintegrate on a good grind so i would only run a smooth grind on the blues and i would recomend the blues as they are very powerful.

Clarky