King Hub Broke

BobbyD

rite my axle has snapped at the drive end, just got the wheel built up yesterday and was told the axle was cracked so wasnt long left in it. so i NEED a bike for this weekend and i really cant be bothered with the hastle of sending the hub away for warranty etc so will this do the job for me?

http://82.110.105.16/tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=511

hopefully Ben and Me will fit it, but not so sure its an easy job to do? anyone else done this?

Thanks for any help

Yeah piece of cake. You cant get anything the wrong way round or daft stuff like that, its all nice and obvious. Bit of finishline lube on the steel surfaces of the axle, and a dab of grease on the threads and you can make as good a job as anyone will.

hey darren, if you pop in past work on saturday can swap it over for you if you want, got the proper imperial allen key for it and can also take in my chris king ring drive lube and give it a quick service for you. . . . . .

should only take about 10 mins to do if the old axle is already out :)

best sending me a text to let me know as will be busy this afternoon and riding tonight so won't be on here!