Eno?

will17will17

im not interested in buying a eno freewheel or white industries or what ever they are called it is the fact they cost £80 and i was woundering if they broke like normal ACS freewheels , now having a profile rear casset is much easier and hardy any slack on the chain front slipping which it never does unlike my old freewheel used to slip alot but do the enos?

Curisoity

thanks will =)

maybe somebody with CLS zoo phyton 2006 or monty 221ti could tell me?

thank you

Enos skip very rearly and they're strong. I'v had mine for well over a year and just recently replaced the pawls. With the tensile freewheel, if you were to replace the pawls, you'd have a shag laod of ball bearings in your hands. :ermm:

Edited by JT!

Yeah, im running an ENO on my 06 python with no problems what so ever. I take mine off every 2 months or so to clean and grease it and its sweet as a nut. All i do to clean it is take the crank arm off *** it in the vice, i then undo the lockring and take the shell off and simply clean it with the petrol i use in my 06 gas gas. that way it is also lubricating it as the petrol is run with a 1.5% oil premix. And there you have it, one beasty eno that never skips :)

There's no competition - enos are far superior to any other freewheel you can get at the moment

Both in terms of feel (72 eps and they don't flex) and in terms of how easy they are to service (sealed bearings).

If you've already got a profile there's not much point in switching over but if you're trying to decide which to get then go eno cos it costs half as much

Two slightly o.t things how would an eno freewheel compare to a king or similar hub (ignoring price) and whats the advantage to a f.fw over a rear f.w?

Rear freewheel were invented to keep the drive phsically light weight. The smallest freewheel u can get on the back is a 16t. So the front cog would have to be 24t. Which makes it all heavy.

So by having a 18T freewheel you can have a 12t cog on the back. Keeping it all lighty.

Rear freewheel systems (aka kings and profiles) are generally better. But more expensive. They are stronger on the back, and they feel like they have alot more engagement points.

The advantages to having it on the front is only reall it's cheaper to do. The cheapest rear freewheeling device u can have on the back is a profile (alot of dosh) or i supose you could have a 16t freewheel (then a 24t cog up front) it'll be alot heavier, and you'll need more chain, even more heavier.

But yeah, seing as though we're ignoring prices, definalty a king, unless we're talking about a eno on the rear (stocks only) they that'd be a really good setup, as freewheels are much easier to maintain than kings.

(Y)

Sideways Cycles. £16 for the pawls and springs (all 6, incl. P&P). They're the main importer/distro for W.I. in the UK. They also don't accept VisaElectron, but won't tell you this until the seventh day after you've ordered, and the third phone call where they've told you they're "Sure it was sent out earlier today, it'll be with you tomorrow" ;)

Enos really do rule. You're saying that Profiles are always better, having never tried an Eno? Bit unfair :P £80 doesn't sound much compared to the £160 for a Profile, then the £10 for spokes, £10 for a build, £20 for a fixed sprocket, then the bearings for the Profile when they die?

FFW systems just seem to somehow be a load simpler. My rear hub on my mod is about 3-4 years old now (if not 4 and a bit now, actually), and it just rolls around and does it's thing. The sprocket's fairly ancient too. My Eno lasted for a year before I had to angle grind it off (hardest decision ever :P), and the Tensile's doing fine now too. It's all good...

Sideways Cycles. £16 for the pawls and springs (all 6, incl. P&P). They're the main importer/distro for W.I. in the UK. They also don't accept VisaElectron, but won't tell you this until the seventh day after you've ordered, and the third phone call where they've told you they're "Sure it was sent out earlier today, it'll be with you tomorrow" ;)

Yeah but with me it was, a new seals, new pawls, new lockring, all fitted and posted back to me uber fast for £15 (inc postage).

Chuffed, JT was. :D

• 1 month later...

*sigh*

We're talking about Eno freewheels, not Profile cassette hubs. Hence "The smallest Eno freewheel you can get is 16t".

You can get Odyssey and KHE (and a few other companies now, too...) freewheels which are 13t, but this is a topic about Enos (which you started :S)...