Titanium Spokes From Marwi Usa

batesie

I want to share this with everyone. Super strong, super light spokes, in different colours, only thing is the price. £68 per wheel (20") or £75 per wheel (26")

IPB Image

Manufacter Site

http://www.marwiusa.com/default.aspx?cid=p...bbid=4&taxid=34

Uk Distributors site

http://balfa.co.uk/index.php3

So whos going to be the first to have these, feel free to share you thoughts....

I've had ti spokes form about 5 years :D

There amazing on the front and it's weigh about 15 ti spokes to 1 normal db one...

The only thing i will warn you about is they like to snap under very heavy load :S as in on the back wheel were they drive.. and disc when you brake.... i have never broken a front spoke (Y) but i've only got 12 left on the rear :huh:

The spokes i used are dt swiss

IPB Image

Edited by DAB

well i personaly have dt ones which are a bit more expensive 100 per wheel, mine have been exellent, such a nicer wheel as the give a lil more than steel ones, the only problem i had was when i changed rim/wheel some of the nipples had sizzed to the niples so it was hard to get them off with out snapping them

I've had ti spokes form about 5 years :D

There amazing on the front and it's weigh about 15 ti spokes to 1 normal db one...

The only thing i will warn you about is they like to snap under very heavy load :S as in on the back wheel were they drive.. and disc when you brake.... i have never broken a front spoke (Y) but i've only got 12 left on the rear :huh:

The spokes i used are dt swiss

IPB Image

from looking at the pic ypur spokes look rather thin, what are they 1.8/1.6?

my ti spokes are 2mm plain gauge which seem to be a hell of a lot stronger (Y)

well to be honest the best wheel i ever had was a ck single speed hub built 3x with dt 2mm ti spokes on to a mavic 519 rim, never buckled it in 1.5 years, it was built by a friend of mine who been building wheel for 15 years so that probly helped, it was him how showed me the ti spokes

only reason i changed rim was it was to narrow for new frame, god i loved my mrk 1 justice :(

well to be honest the best wheel i ever had was a ck single speed hub built 3x with dt 2mm ti spokes on to a mavic 519 rim, never buckled it in 1.5 years, it was built by a friend of mine who been building wheel for 15 years so that probly helped, it was him how showed me the ti spokes

only reason i changed rim was it was to narrow for new frame, god i loved my mrk 1 justice :(

It was 2 years before they started to brake :( they started on the drive side on the drive spokes(the ones that point backwards) always going at the nipple.... but they are f#cking good spokes.

BMXers (the ones who actually care abotu there bikes) have been using them for a few years over my way. Very brittle though- many multicoloured spokes around the skatepark shows off that fact very nicely!

for the money, its not worth it in terms of weight. Stick to SS spokes / brass nipples and get a lighter hub/rim/tyre.

It was 2 years before they started to brake :( they started on the drive side on the drive spokes(the ones that point backwards) always going at the nipple.... but they are f#cking good spokes.

past tense? how come no longer?

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Mar 28 2006, 11:15 PM)

How come you lot find them good. Monty ti spokes are shite. Dead brittle, so they just snap... (N)

Cheers,

Joe.

i used them on a rear wheel until i got a different frame and they were to short for a wide rim, as i used them on a mavic which has a smaller ERD than the flatter wide rims

i now use them on the front

the monty spokes on snap when they get lose, mainly cus of the way they go into the hub and when they get lose the hub flexs against the spoke head and snapps the spoke

do they really save that much weight? It's impossible for 15Ti spokes to weigh as much as 1 steel one :S

Trust me they do..

my front wheel weighs naff all.. it's a custom made ti-mono (36 hole) laced on a 517 cd and i used alloy nipples with a 1 cross pattern. and is one of the lightest wheels i've ever built (Y) and yes it can take some stick!! (spun off a 6ft tower in a demo in the rain and landed front wheel first, and it's still spot on)

just so you know i worked in a bike shop and have built wheels for every bike from dh to road bikes that have competed in iron mans..

So maybe you could tell me if the 2005 Monty 20" Ti wheels only have two titanium spokes (the black flat ones) or are all of them titanium?

Can ti spokes also be bent and flexed or are they brittle comparing to standard spokes? I'm getting a laced wheel with titanium spokes which i hope can be re-used on a different wheel?

So maybe you could tell me if the 2005 Monty 20" Ti wheels only have two titanium spokes (the black flat ones) or are all of them titanium?

Can ti spokes also be bent and flexed or are they brittle comparing to standard spokes? I'm getting a laced wheel with titanium spokes which i hope can be re-used on a different wheel?

Don't no about the monty..

Ti spokes are still as flexible as normal spokes (as in when you bend then) and can be rebuilt (Y) when you do rebuild use finshline wet lube on the nipples as you thread them on this will aid in re-tensioning the wheel..

Is it just me being a fag or would people prefer to pay £10 per wheel instead of £68??

Sam

Well.... :ermm:

lol only jking. You're right but some people think that lightness is the crucial key to trials...

Just a thought, instead of making a bike lighter, why not just become stronger? :P