Zoo Python Or Zona Zip

Onzaallen

I have just found out that the cls python is a fair bit longer than the 05 short python but i can't find the length of the zona anywhere, like the wheel base, chain stay and the length form the head tube to the bottom bracket shell so i any one has them could you please post. Thanks Allen.

I have just found out that the cls python is a fair bit longer than the 05 short python but i can't find the length of the zona anywhere, like the wheel base, chain stay and the length form the head tube to the bottom bracket shell so i any one has them could you please post. Thanks Allen.

WB: 1040-1045 on mine with Team forks.

CS: 365mm

BB height: +55-60.

I can't remember the exact figure for the Zip's centre-front measurement, but I do know it's about 2" longer than a T-Pro, but because of the higher BB it feels like a Levelboss sorta sized front end. However, it IS longer, so you get all the performance advantages of a longer bike. All good stuff (Y)

id say the short zoo or GU :)

They don't make the short Zoo any more, so never mind :P

id say the short zoo or GU :)

Yep he knows what he is talking about mate listen to him :)

the GU is by far a nicer bike to ride. they are so easy to ride.. someone even said there nicer than the Koxx XTP mod. :-

so ye go for a GU short there ace :D

Cheers Fenton

http://82.110.105.16/tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=68

There is a link to the short zoo on tartys its the 05 but it wouldn't matter.

Would this be better for me as i am 5ft 8inchs?

Allen.

Weird, I thought they'd gotten rid of all the old stock... Anyway, yeah, it might be better for you. Don't be put off longer frames just 'cos you're "only" 5'8" though, plenty of shorter riders still ride long frames and get along OK with them :)

personally zona, i have 1 no problems yet, bashplate very useful, also its cheaper, and i hate the way the cls python rides, sorry ladies.

as far as zoo being stronger i personally think its other way round, havent heard of any cracks or snaps on zona, but i have seen cracks on a python ..........................................

Cheers

wilky

personally zona, i have 1 no problems yet, bashplate very useful, also its cheaper, and i hate the way the cls python rides, sorry ladies.

as far as zoo being stronger i personally think its other way round, havent heard of any cracks or snaps on zona, but i have seen cracks on a python ..........................................

Cheers

wilky

If i got a zoo i would get the zoo python 05 short http://82.110.105.16/tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=68

Allen.

Could all they guys with zona zip's please post some pictures of their bikes as i have never seen a built zona yet and would like to see what they look like.

Allen.

Weird, I thought they'd gotten rid of all the old stock... Anyway, yeah, it might be better for you. Don't be put off longer frames just 'cos you're "only" 5'8" though, plenty of shorter riders still ride long frames and get along OK with them :)

Im 5ft 8" and i ride a long ZOO! python, it did feel long when i fist had a test run on it but in a good way :) and now it just feels perfect, maybe if it had shorter chainstays so i could bunny hop it would make it nice so which really lead me onto a zona, but a zona feels nothing like a pyhton i think. It's really your own opinion, if you want to say a little bit of money for a rainy day then go for the zona, you will soona adapt to it.

Tooooom.

Hi, Nice bike onzaboymark.

Is there much or any difference in size from the long 05 python and the cls python?

Allen.

Same frame :) You just get gash CLS stickers on the downtube on the "CLS" model, and on the long '05 I think it just said Zoo Python.

Ime sure the stays are longer and also has a higer bb, me thinks.

EDIT:

CLS 06 Wheelbase: 1045mm

Chainstay Length: 375mm

BB Rise: 55mm

Head Angle: 72 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 610mm (24")

05 python Wheelbase: 1005mm

Chainstay Length: 362mm

BB Rise: 55mm

Head Angle: 72 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 585mm (23")

Ime 5.8 I came from a T-pro to a python and its amazing a little shoter would be perfect but o well I say python but its all up to you in the end.

Don't listen to all thease people who had a little blast on a python you really need to get used to it and ride it a while, 1hr at least I say. You really do find the bike rides compleatly diffrent.

Edited by Swize

Ime sure the stays are longer and also has a higer bb, me thinks.

EDIT:

Ime 5.8 I came from a T-pro to a python and its amazing a little shoter would be perfect but o well I say python but its all up to you in the end.

Don't listen to all thease people who had a little blast on a python you really need to get used to it and ride it a while, 1hr at least I say. You really do find the bike rides compleatly diffrent.

Thanks mate, You have been a great help.

Allen.

Swize - you listened the measurements for the Short '05 frame, which is the only '05 you can get from Tart. IF you go back to that page and check the drop-down menu, it just says "Short", and it's only got the short specs there. The other Python DID have the same geometry, 'cos it was basically the CLS Python, but not CLS'd, as it were...

Hi still not sure which i will be getting. It is only the short python that you can as the 05 model so would i be tall enough for the cls version? I am 5 foot 8 inchs, there was one person thats said that i would but i have read a lot of posts with people saying that it was to long for the and they were about my hight.

Allen.