What Are The Best Grips

txt250

ODI Longnecks for me. They're just so nice that i can't bring myself to try anything else and they last for absolutely ages as well. I've got a pair of those lizard skin lock on grips on my jump bike and they are very fat i would never use them on a trials bike.

I've also had the ODI Ruffians and they were terrible grips. They were the fastest wearing grips i've ever had and before they'd completely worn down they became sticky and left black gunk on everything... they were so sticky you could push the palm of you hand onto them and lift the front wheel without holding onto the bars.

I've been using monty foams for about 2 months now or so. I think they are great but without bar ends or if your particularly careless with your bike they would tear easily.

I love the feel they give too, I jumped on a mates bike today with rubber grips and they felt huge and weird.....

The best grips i've had so far are my current ones, being gusset bastards. Comfy and come in funky colours :deej:

Hi,

I'm running some gusset bastards (green), and i fitted them about 2 weeks ago and i'm finding them really tough on the hands.

Do they feel nicer as they wear down?

Charlie

i think dmr zipgrips are exseeding good as once they are on you are not getting them off espeisly if you put the zip ties around them, also they come in a range of colours and are very comfy and you get tremenous grip with gloves or bare hands.

I use Yeti grips, they are quite thick and most trials guys use thinner/foam grips :unsure: but when i tried em i couldnt get used to them, suppose stick with what you know eh?

i may try slimmer grips when i buy some wiiiiiiide bars,

joN

• 1 month later...

IPB Image

My Grips.. I've just putted them on.. I'm just waiting for a new day with some new riding! (Y)

Whatever you do dont buy them :P I just threw mine in the bin they were like solid plastic and killed your hands. Theyve also wrecked my 661 gloves. Just replaced them with some Lizard Skins MOAB's like it had before. Mucho better.

stay away from them halfords foams, some blackpool rider had them and they were uttter wank!

ritchet wcs foams are good after a bit of use, tryall are the same as velo btw.

except velo are a lot cheaper to buy .

Echo or Try-All ones, fiver from selectbikes.com there exactly the same (Y)

hey...

I agree (Y) iv had mine quiet a whil and there comfy and hard wearing, the only problem is if you get sweaty hands :P then you may slip ut still there nice grips :shifty:

Cheers Jack Gibson!

i am using Race Face Good n Evil Grips, they are the softest grips i have ever used and if you land abit hard on the front wheel they do absorb a good amount of shock, £9.99 from wiggle, available in black or black/red, also they are quite thick so they are going to last a good amount of time, i have stopped wearing my gloves because they are soo comfy (Y)

IPB Image

Edited by speedyjustice

Never seen those before, they look just like the Yeti Hardcores i used to run back in the day (Y)

Now i run Ritchey foams, they are very comfortable but can tear easy so i go through quite a few pairs!

they are very comfortable and soft, as i said the best i have had, i did use the raceface lock on grips but they did wear out very quickly and have a plastic hard centre, but these raceface ones look soft all the way down very padded too

well id say dont go for dmr zip grips because they are absoloute............bob lol either use kona pseupods what ever there called , koxx grips or gusset b@st3rd grips

(\__/)

(='.'=)This is Red Bunny. Copy and paste Red bunny into

(")_(")your signature to help him gain world

domination. go Red bunny

Whatever you do dont buy them :P I just threw mine in the bin they were like solid plastic and killed your hands. Theyve also wrecked my 661 gloves. Just replaced them with some Lizard Skins MOAB's like it had before. Mucho better.

Odd, i've used 2 pairs of clear Try-All grips on the trot, and i love them.

I always use gloves (Troy Lee and Specialized) and have found them great.