Pedal-ups

The lemonade man

To quote my post on OTN:

Pedal-up

Roll at the wall like you mean it. Focus on where you wanna land. Bad foot at about the 12 o'clock position.

IPB Image

As you get nearer the wall, start pedalling hard, whilst crouching down over the bars, ready to spring up.

IPB Image

As you pull up and your good foot comes round to the top of the stroke, start really throwing your body up, and lifting the bars up hard with your arms.

IPB Image

Extend your body vertically, meaning you can suck the bike up underneath you higher. Just spring up super hard, whilst still pulling the bars hard.

IPB Image

Throw the bars forwards once the front's cleared the wall fully, and bring the back of the bike up with your hips, knees and ankles. Just suck it up IPB Image

IPB Image

That should do it, really...

Got over 50" with that technique, so it works :)

Over 50", but I can't ride trials now due to my knees hurting too much. Worth the trade-off? Big upping numbers = buy a stock and tap it up there. Rode a Levelboss 1065 (I think?) today, and it was about twice as hard to pedal-up stuff as it was to just tap it on the Koxx. Mad, mad, mad.

Alternatively, get yourself all bendy and flexy like Benito Ros, then just half-pedal to bunnyhop up anything in your path :)

It helps to be on form too. Last time I was out riding I couldn't back wheel a wall that I had got the previous day. I find that when i'm out on a ride once i've warmed up properly and start giving things a go I can do them alright, but if I just jump on the bike cold (or even after 10 minutes of hopping about) im not as supple and feel much stiffer.

I also find that once you've got something, keep trying at it a few times to try and get it consistently and get it built into your memory and your muscle memory.

Having said that, im shit so I probobly know nowt... :ermm: