Uni People

tipsy Jock

hehehe...i don't have to do a dissertation....but then...i'm only in the first year...

exams still suck though...

what's marching powder?

adam

You'll probably have to do one in the final year...

Cocaine.

EDIT: i'm up to 5000... I swear I was on 5500 yesterday :huh:

Are you guys revising now as well as typing away on the old dissertation? I got all my coursework over and done with during easter, which is admitidly nothing compared to a big old final year dissertation. I am doing lots of revision now though instead :( Today I revised Business ethics and answered the question

"Are ethics a unique selling point, or are they guiding principles that every company can/should use?"

nice :P

I really really want some beer now though and the fridge is empty :angry:

i managed to get the bulk of my coursework out the way over easter (Maths and geotechnics) but only managed half of my structural design coursework, its in pairs so we kinda have to wait for eachother to do one bit.. and it just ends up as a social when we go to work in the library lol. Ah well. i did a little revision but its really going to be starting now.. spent a hour or two now sorting out my building regulations extracts, tabbing all the pages so i know where shit it ( inventivly too since you cant write anything on the tabs so you have to make some kind of colour coding, move the tabs along the pages in the order you need them kinda way). Ah well.. My exam table is a cock hole.. 5 exams in 4 days .. then 1 exam 3 days later. Who the hell thinks of these things..

Had the worst nite of sleep ever. Was laid in bed for a good 5 hours but cant have slept for more than 2 hours of it. :( I blame all the energy shit drink i had.

Up early got an hour or 2 of tidying up i broke the 10k word barrier then its time to go get it printed, binded and handed in :)

good effort dude, working too close to when u wanna go to bed is a big no no. I try and get atleast a half hour - hour break before i go to bed after work. Then lay in bed for a hour watching snooker which sends me to sleep everytime. If snooker isnt potent enough for you.. turn on qvc.. trust me.. that is coma inducing

Dont worry about it. The 12k (or whatever it is) dissertation is not usually until the final year, and you have all year to do it. Although not everyone starts it so soon :P

The first year is pretty damn easy, and you get some coursework to do during the year but nothing like 12k words per piece. Obviously how much work you have to do is dependent on which course, but unless your planning to be a medic then most other courses dont require constant work, pressure and deadlines.

My second year hasnt been too bad either and its only recently that work has started piling up but then exams are coming. Not sure about the third year though as havent got that far.

Not sure about that one mate as I've never come across anybody thats doing that degree before. But i think most courses have a dissertation at the end of it if im correct? :unsure: Im sure somebody else will know. Either way you are bound to get more work in the final year disertation or not.

Any course that a honors course i.e. BSc(Hons) will have a dissertation i think.

Mines done finish and handed in totaling 12506 words.

Roughly 14,000 words later and i'm done too :) Just need to do a final proof read tomorrow, sort out the layout for printing and get it bound ready to hand in on friday, then get drunk into oblivion :-

Edited by tipsy Jock

well, everyone look at me.....

i study photography, foundation at the mo, so no silly writing stuff!

I've just completed my coursework today, my course finishes friday, and i have a 5 month summer before my degree starts mid october! (should be able to squeeze in some riding!)

so there:P

Loving the high life....

Andy :D

Well done Tom glad its pretty much all done (Y) Is that it for you now then? Final year? What on earth are you going to do now? Im not looking forward to the end of my final year. Full time forum tech monkey maybe :shifty:

Cheers :)

Got it all printed today and binded. 81 pages in total, and now in proper book stylee. Missed todays deadline by 10 minutes so gotta hand it in tomorrow.

Its my final year yeah, but got another assignment for next wednesday and then exams straight after. 3rd year aint much fun. When im done im planning on wasting away the summer, then a trip to mongolia and a bit of travelling. Then at the moment I'm planning to start up some sort of business, quite possibly web design. Would be nice to be a full time forum tech monkey but theres no way on earth it could ever earn enough to live off :P

Sure you will find something to do by the end, only about 3 of the many people I know here have jobs sorted at the moment, and its only 5 weeks til we finish - so you're not the only one who doesnt have a clue what to do!

Off to continue the day of celebrating/drinking :D