Retro Disk

Alun Goch

QUOTE(deanie-b @ Apr 10 2006, 11:53 PM)

Erm, 3 bolt hubs? :P

That's class, looas as it would fit on a standard 6 bolt hub, but it just wouldn't be as strong...

See what size the rotor is and maybe you could throw a standard 6 bolt if it the caliper your interested in.

I wouldn't really bother though when you have avid cable disks at your disposal and you can be sure they will work well when set up correctly.

Edited by jake1516

They were one of the first batch of disc brakes to come out in the mid ninty's B)

O, and they were sh#t......... (N)

One of the first disc brakes? No, Rock Shox were a late comer to the game. Hope had their mechanical disc out for ages and were getting into hydros, Formula had their hydros out too on the San Andreas and the like.

If I remember correctly, the Rock Shox brake was basically the same design as the AMP Research one, which had been out since the early 90s. Hayes also had a semi-hydro unit out the same time as Rock Shox.

And to think, Dave Cullian won the '93 World DH championship with XTR cantis...

One of the first disc brakes? No, Rock Shox were a late comer to the game. Hope had their mechanical disc out for ages and were getting into hydros, Formula had their hydros out too on the San Andreas and the like.

If I remember correctly, the Rock Shox brake was basically the same design as the AMP Research one, which had been out since the early 90s. Hayes also had a semi-hydro unit out the same time as Rock Shox.

And to think, Dave Cullian won the '93 World DH championship with XTR cantis...

I meant as one of the fist gen of disc brakes.. I had a hope mechanical and it was snappy as hell then when hope bought out the first bulb and the rear torque bar adaptor to go with the c2's, i was the envy of everyone, having front and rear discs on a trials bike B) on a one of a kind s-works m2 with kona p2's...

i had one of these on the back of one of my first trials bikes

they were fine once they were bedded in (which took about a year!) but never super grabby and they always rubbed because they are floating systems.

for that price though mate, try it, i wouldnt reccomend it with all the stuff thats now available.

TOBY