I'm So Freakin' Sick Of Pinchflats!

Scotty H

Oh the age old topic of how to prevent 'snakebites' pinch flats or whatever. We all know that you get them when u are rally stretching and basically unable to controll the bike properly at the distance or height you are tryin to achieve. I find the best way is to not do it.... prevention is better than cure. U should roughly know what u will or won't pinch on.. as ur riding progresses, u will find there will be less and less obsticles that u may get a snakebite on. Your progression may be a little slower but a lot less frustration than keep replacing inner tubes.

hope that help.

shay.

• 11 months later...
Haha, you run 40 psi and expect not to get pinchflats. I run mine at 25psi and i dont pinch flat, and im a harsh rider. Im using 50 pence innertubes, so its not about the innertube. i reccommend running between 15-25 psi

From Lee

TARD!... the lower the pressure.. the more likely you are to get pinch flats... pitch flat - intube puntured by rimming out...hence the harder the tyre thae less chance of the tube being wacked against the rim

Edited by trial-biker-ryan

i ride mod.......i have a maxxis creepy crawler.......i have not had a puncture yet and i have rimmed it several times. early on today, i did this line of gaps and managed to rim it 5 times yes 5 times on 3 gaps. i have the onza t comp, i think the drilled rim helps and defo the creepy crawler. i have a very low tyre pressure so that i can pick up the technique of landing on different obsticals better. by having this low pressure it makes me compress better and be a smooth rider.

also at a very low tyre pressure it is nice and bouncy :D

i suspect that this information will help. although i do muddle my sentences up a bit every now and then. but basically low pressure compress more and you will be fine, but if i do get a puncture i will buy an echo or monty extra wide inner tube from tartybikes as they have extra thick sidewalls anyway

heres a linky to the inners on tarty, to save all the hassle of typing tartybikes in the address bar :D

Edited by braintreetrials

• 4 months later...

Would a motorbike innertube be anygood? I was thinkin about getting one after I heard about some people on mods using scooter innertubes, but the biggest i can find is for a 21" wheel, would it stretch ok?

Does anyone use them?

Cheers

Vee

Edited by Vee

I'm mad at changing innertubes too!! I run 33 PSI in the rear, run Maxxis Maxx Daddy tires, and have a Kenda tube ( the so called best out there).

What is the problem!! I hit a curb doing a bunnyhop and it popped! This happens to me all the time. Usually on the same day I change the tube. Anybody see any problems with what I am doing? Anything else I can do? I will try putting in the extra innertubes the next time too.

So i've had a look around and foun that a DH tube wall is 1.5mm thick

I then came across this tube HERE

Looks pretty unstoppable, has anyone used them?

Im not someone who worries about 100 grams extra its like taking my phone out my pocket when i ride

So im not bothered if its heavy, but would this be good?

Vee

So i've had a look around and foun that a DH tube wall is 1.5mm thick

I then came across this tube HERE

Looks pretty unstoppable, has anyone used them?

Im not someone who worries about 100 grams extra its like taking my phone out my pocket when i ride

So im not bothered if its heavy, but would this be good?

Vee

Those look awesome! I wonder if I can get those in the U.S.? I'll look around, but I doubt I can get those.

Those look awesome! I wonder if I can get those in the U.S.? I'll look around, but I doubt I can get those.

Not sure about the U.S.

But, Iv just ordered one :P

so hopefully i'll never get a flat again

Just need a new tyre now and maybe a toxsin whack stick

Vee

Edited by Vee