Iolo Frame Geometry

Camster911

Ok, i was wondering, next winter i'm building a custom bike, and how good are IOLO frames.

And - i started trials at christmas, i'm 5.3" and 13 years old.(currently ridinf a mission compo 20")

wondering what the best 20 " measurements would be.

Cheers,

Cameron Mitchell

yo dude,

best thing to do is have a go on a few different bikes and see which "suits" your needs the best.

best thing to do if you mates have OR if you go on big group rides have a go on someones koxx XTP, koxx levelboss and someones zoo python and echo lite and stuff, to get a feel.

you can always mix and match the frame geometry and such forth. (Y):)

Waynio................

Don't forget that the bar and stem combo also has an effect on the overall bike geometry. You connect with the frame at two points of course, the pedals and handlebars. Be sure to make a note on frame + bar/stem combos that put your body in a good position.

Steve

EDIT: I'm looking forward to seeing a Iolo mod bike - Should be sweet!

your still only 13 no matter how strong you think you are plus weights arent that good for you at that age, i would suggest monty geo as they just ride so damn nice.

Don't forget that the bar and stem combo also has an effect on the overall bike geometry. You connect with the frame at two points of course, the pedals and handlebars. Be sure to make a note on frame + bar/stem combos that put your body in a good position.

Steve

EDIT: I'm looking forward to seeing a Iolo mod bike - Should be sweet!

yeh thats so true. my bike feels completly different depending on the angle i have my bars, IOLO mod, monty geo, monty bar and stem( someone please give me their monty :( )

You're better off waiting til you've ridden a few different frames.

I chose my own geo for my frame after riding a few frames and after a 20 minute play about it already feels natural. You can make this happen, but only if you are patient and get to know your geometry preferences.

Be patient it pays off. (Y)

You would be amazed at the difference that messing with your stem length/height and bar angle can make. Believe me, I thought angle of the bars didn't really change that much til I tried it.

You might wanna consider what sort of 'style' you're going for as well - are you going into tap/gap/sidehop land? Or comps? Or Streety tricky stuff? UCI? That all has a bearing on it (although having said that I've always been of the 'fiddle with it til it feels right and sod what anyone else says is good for street' pursuasion).

Generally speaking I think people tend to use longer bikes for T/G/S stuff and shorter ones for your flicky tricky stuff (maybe I'm talking out of my arse, the whole long low silver thing is new to me).