Gapping

i have just recently started to do gaps including dropgaps does anyone have any advice for me to take in

like, whats the best way to get air

how do you get distance

how do you land properly

when do you hope from what your hopping from

and is it better to go from static or rolling

as i realy do suck at gapping i never seem to be able to gap far so any advice would be great

when i gap just before i do the final kick i lower my front end a bit then kick as hard as possible, also i find it easeir to gap when i sort of flick my back end around if you get what i mean :$

anyways hope that helped :D(Y)

With gapping, i get to the very edge of the ledge, pallet, then i lower my front and kick harder than i normaly would do with a kickhop. With bigger gaps, i try to kick harder(make sure your chain is tight because if it was loose your kick would not be as powerful and your chain could come off and you would look silly!) and turn slightly to help me land on the pallet more comfortably and easily (Y)

Edited by gawk

Before i take off for a big gap (7 foot,its big to me) i lower the front end..but it runs pretty much parallel to the floor so that i get lots of leverage from the bars and give the pedals a good hard kick,other than that you have to develop your own technique over time,hope its helped a little mate,good luck :)

zoo baby!

i fined the best way to gap is to have a bit of a rolling start do a hop to the back wheel and let your front

wheel drop and try to keep all your momentum going and then do a really hard kick on the pedals (HELPS IF

YOU HAVE A GOOD HUB WITH A LOT OF ENGAGEMENTS AND A TIGHT AND STRONG CHAIN) and to get

extra distance try to tuck up get you that extra little bit further. my best is around 8ft but it takes a lot of

practise so keep at it :P

ow I've only just started to try an master the art of gappin, but at the mo I find it alot easier to do rolling gap :)

I cant seem to get the air after dropping the front wheel from static :(

Edited by Scopse

Lower front as low as you can like then give it a great big pasty kick, tuck your knees so your comes up and go up as well then stretch legs out for landing and bend when your wheel touches thee other side